The hiatus is over :)

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

The hiatus is over :)

Postby slparry » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:44 am

I recommissioned the BoxerCup this weekend after it's long stay at the back of the garage because of covid, I'd forgotten how much fun it is :D

It's now moved to the front of the garage, with the K1 taking its former spot!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UY59U8xXxE7ZuWYz6
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Re: The hiatus is over :)

Postby boxerscott » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:30 pm

Hi Steve, glad to see you are alive and kicking.... strangely whilst having a week away on the bike visiting South Devon, I must have seen 3 Randy`s knocking about. Whilst I loved my BCR, (also mumphing about too much HP and tech on the new breeds back in the day) I can not see me going back to one after experiencing the modern LC Boxers. My only gripe about the new bikes is the throttle twist grip... it feels disconnected somehow and my latest one squeaks like a dry Johnnie.

Oh .. and the side stand sits the bike too vertical and come to think of it it`s a fcuker to put on the centre stand. So glad I never bought a GS. :wink:

Long live the BCR`s

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Al

Re: The hiatus is over :)

Postby Al » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 pm

Shame I missed you last week Chris, hope you had a good trip, I didn’t get back from a sailing trip to France until Tuesday, I have got a used shorter stand for my R, it’s an OE one but not easy to find apparently.
Nice to see you back on here Steve, as much as I liked my GS and now the 1200R I still miss my 1100s, if I hadn’t got older bones and worn joints I would like you, probably still have it in the garage.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Return to “Boxerbanter”