Calling Steve Parry

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Calling Steve Parry

Postby boxerscott » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi Steve would be really interested to know how the transition has gone from one manufacturer to another? Are you getting lots of new customers? do you get existing customers coming in to px their GS? are you getting a younger customer base?

How is the Harley arm doing? Reports from US say there is a trend for larger groups buying out the individuals. (not good for the consumer) Are sales holding up?

Regards Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

slparry

Re: Calling Steve Parry

Postby slparry » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:48 pm

The KTM customer base is very different to the BMW one, nice thing though is several customers have moved from GS'S and GSA'S to stay with us as they like our service levels, it says a lot that we, mostly, are doing things right :)

Harley appear to be selling the pan america well. But we maybe a bias given the huge gs customer base we had.

One thing I do miss is the BMW parts infrastructure. Being part of a big car group meant we could get parts next day which is not common for motorcycle companies.

Business has definitely tightened recently. On the other hand we used to never make any profit selling a new £20,000 BMW because of discounting to hit target bonuses. KTM work differently so we sell 1/3 of the bikes but have similar profits so arguably it's better being 3 times less busy ;D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Re: Calling Steve Parry

Postby boxerscott » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:46 pm

That`s good news Steve, I am sure it was not a decision taken lightly to change Brand. I got the impression when dealing with Vertu that BMW like the car and bike franchise under one roof, hard for a single dealer to compete with and ultimately when all the competition has been wiped the consumer pays MSRP. As for things tightening up, that is across the board, Unless you`re flogging energy.

I fear for a lot of businesses especially in the hospitality sector.

keep on keepin on!

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”