Am I missing something

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

andy griff

Am I missing something

Postby andy griff » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:27 am

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/police-drones/

In the video clip supporting this story there are various clips of antisocial and illegal riding. I've watched them twcie and apart from the obvious white line in clip one they others don't seem bad to me - am I missing something ?

Al

Re: Am I missing something

Postby Al » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:39 am

Same here, similar comments been made on other forums.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:20 am

Cheers Al, that's reassuring - the group of four seemed to do a nice brisk overtake in a controlled manner. I'd be interested to know any ROSPA or IAM oberserver views

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:05 pm

The first one was an obvious crossing of the solid white - that's a direct contravention of a rule.

The group of 4 is less obvious, but it's possible it's a known black spot (maybe the bends are blind, hard to tell from directly above), and there's an obvious property entrance at the end of the short straight section which might be very busy. It's also possible that the group were judged to be not riding in accordance - ie the 3 followers were blindly following the leader - not exactly something a copper would describe in evidence - but a demonstration of poor riding, they're also far too close for safety (barely more than a couple of lengths for most of the shot) . It also depends on the speeds they were going, if the car was doing 60 then they're all speeding (a copper would measure the time it takes them to travel a distance measured by the white lines to check that).

The obvious corner cutter is hilarious.

The 'suicide swooper' is pretty obvious, and that looks like a semi-blind section that has probably had incidents on in the past.

It's difficult to judge some of these without knowing the road well - especially the shot from almost directly above - you can't see the 3-dimensional nature of the landscape to judge sightlines etc.

Worth mentioning that I've ridden far worse and gotten away with it, and also done similar and been penalised in the past, so not judging the bikers in any way, just trying to suggest why those scenarios were chosen.
non quod, sed quomodo

Al

Postby Al » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:31 pm

It’s impossible to say wether anything is blind from above and the group of four could probably see clearly the road ahead, that’s why different people will have different opinions.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Return to “Boxerbanter”