Thin Blue Line, third pullover in one lifetime

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GRAgusta

Thin Blue Line, third pullover in one lifetime

Postby GRAgusta » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:10 pm

Where do we start ??

Parents, as we all are are getting old. They have both been hospitalised for a while so I rode down to Newcastle for a visit yesterday. Stopped for the night in Hexham and came home today.

A68 was good fun this morning, Edinburgh was a chew, then the M9 was empty and boring. Plus the sciatica was kicking in. No one in front of me, no one coming past. I created some nice S curves in my lane using 1250cc of BMW to massage my buttock .... why not.

Coming towards Stirling M9, M90 junction (footnote .... 14 miles from Scotland's police college) I made a late decision to leave the motorway to take the twisty route home via Glen Devon and Glen Eagles, no hurry and it would be more interesting.

I slowed into the offramp behind an electric MG. I remember studying the badge on the back wondering if it was actually squint .... followed it closely around the roundabout then saw the access I needed. Pulled left and excited. Then in my mirrors I saw the yellow bonnet .... it then illuminated its blue lights ... oh dear.

I pulled over ....

"How close were you to the car when you pulled off the M9?" .... " A car's length" ... "You should be 2 seconds, we have lots of deer strikes. You cannot stop in time if you are that close."

"You pulled left without doing a life saver check, someone on that lane has the priority to go full right around the roundabout."

Then the second police officer started talking at the same time ..... I got frustrated trying to listen to the both ... they continued talking while I took off my gloves, took off my helmet and rested it on the tank in front of me, and removed my ear plugs. "I am struggling to hear you both," I said.

As far as I can see the only crime I have committed is not seeing them behind me .....

So after a good twenty minutes of blah blah blah, "On your way" .... What was that all about???

The only reason I can think of is ... did they see my irrational S curve riding and think I was on DRUGS?

In a moment of isolated calm I was massaging my buttock so that it was ready to react in an emergency ...... Safety First.

The only drugs I take are Ibupropfen, ramipril, and alcohol (when it is safe to do so)

GETTING OLD IS NOT A CRIME .....
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

SP250

Re: Thin Blue Line, third pullover in one lifetime

Postby SP250 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:15 am

I'm with you 100% G, especially on the gluteus maximus massaging and the drugs! :D
John M

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:32 pm

Probably near the end of the shift and better to give you a talking too rather than do something constructive that would make paperwork :roll:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Archie

Postby Archie » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:52 pm

As a student in the late 70s I was getting a lift on my pal's DT175 when a traffic car came the other way, did a u-turn and pulled us neatly into a lay-by whereupon 4 policemen then got out.

One put his posh hat on, stepped forward and asked which one of us was going to show him a full licence. When I said "take your pick" he got all shirty and accused us of "looking guilty".

I can only assume he was instructing the others with "that'll be a learner" which blew up in his face, the smug bastard.

Gawaine, you're clearly not trying hard enough if you've only been pulled 3 times, I lost count after about 25 times many years ago.

templen

Postby templen » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:11 pm

You know, the rozzers in bonny Scoootland are a legend in their own lunch break.

I've had a number of lectures from them over the years. Maybe it's something in the waters, or possibly a poor sex life, who knows......... but they sure are over- zealous when they get the chance

Ride safe gents, but must importantly enjoy the bloody ride!!

Cheers,
Nick T.
R1200 GSA
Audi TTS
Sealine S34
"Make Tea not War"

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:09 pm

A bit annoying Gawaine but sounds like they were just doing a public service by highlighting a couple of minor errors of safety on your part. Thankfully for you they just imparted some observations and let you go on your way :wink:

You can't be too unhappy with only 3 pulls by the Lads 'n' Lasses in Blue (black) :D

Forget it and move on 8)
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 pm

BoxerCup R wrote:A bit annoying Gawaine but sounds like they were just doing a public service by highlighting a couple of minor errors of safety on your part. Thankfully for you they just imparted some observations and let you go on your way :wink:

You can't be too unhappy with only 3 pulls by the Lads 'n' Lasses in Blue (black) :D

Forget it and move on 8)

Yup - that's the way to take it.

Think of it as a notice that your rear-obs need a bit of work, and you've got out of the habit of being unobtrusive. :)
non quod, sed quomodo

Return to “Boxerbanter”