ferry travel

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

ferry travel

Postby boxerscott » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:47 pm

With reference to Freemantle Highway .. Who would feel safe on a ferry carrying a substantial number of EV`S?

I wonder how the underwriters are looking at this and what the ferry Companies policies are.

Whatever caused the fire the fact is that when one of these batteries starts to disassemble it`s a Gas Axe that produces its own oxygen and can not be extinguished in the conventional manner of suffocation.

Channel Tunnel also springs to mind.

Should we be alarmed?

Chris

Edit. sadly a crew member lost their life and others may have life changing circumstances ahead inhaling the toxic gasses these batteries emit when disassembling. I have just contacted Brittany ferries and stated we feel concerned about our safety for next years trip to Spain in view of the F.H. tragedy and asked the question if they allow EV`s on board.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Al

Re: ferry travel

Postby Al » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:27 pm

Already happening in Norway.
32F8B0CB-9986-43C1-8ED8-EB4E748D3120.jpeg
32F8B0CB-9986-43C1-8ED8-EB4E748D3120.jpeg (412.39 KiB) Viewed 3317 times
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:21 pm

Hi Al, No surprise there. Brittany ferries have replied to my enquiry about their policy on EV`s They state " due to high demand ( lack of human interface) we will respond within 5 weeks. Glad i am not embarking any time soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWt-wjUJNb8

You will not hear this on Mainstream... mmnn

Interesting.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Steve W

Postby Steve W » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:52 pm

Chris,
When we went out to France at the end of May with Brittany Ferries, one of the questions at check in was, is the car a hybrid or fully electric, as we were neither do not know what would have happened if it had been. But it obviously is something they are looking at.

Steve

Return to “Boxerbanter”