Urgent information request

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

MickB

Urgent information request

Postby MickB » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:17 pm

Gents I'm currently sitting in the bar of a hotel in the Czech Republic with a very cold pilsner beer, after a decent days riding.

However when I went to move my 12s to the garage there was a loud click and then nothing no dashboard no warning lights.

Switched it on and off nothing, left it alone for a few minutes then turned the key and everything was back to normal.

I didn't want to tempt fate so did not try to start it.

A quick internet search suggests that there is no fuse box due to can bus wiring loom. Is this correct?

The battery was new 6 months ago and I rode for 280 miles today. I can't check the charging rate as I have no meter at the moment. There was some hesitancy in starting during the afternoon but it never failed on me.

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received

ianbcr

Re: Urgent information request

Postby ianbcr » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:59 pm

Mick. the only thing your describing happened to me when i had the boxer cup, full battery been riding then click on the button. turned out it was the ground wire on the frame had got corrosion so stopped the contact. sorry ive no other solutions but hope you get fixed and enjoy the rest of the trip. your sure in a beautiful country.
Regards
Ian
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:55 pm

You may need willing hands to help you bump start it in the morning! My experience of this was a clack rather than a click and it was the starter motor. fortunately I had a willing wifey to push me off.

Good luck.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

ted

Postby ted » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:26 pm

this sounds like the issue with the wiring loom near the head stock. I seem to think that the wires can break internally due to the movement of the bars - maybe check if the problem can be resolved by moving the wires around ?

ted

Postby ted » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:29 pm

did you move the bars about between it not working and then coming back to life? If so, probably the problem

MickB

Postby MickB » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:25 am

Thank you for the response. I'll let you know how things progress.

Return to “Boxerbanter”