The Bike market today.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

The Bike market today.

Postby boxerscott » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:36 pm

Is it stalling? I think it is. I have two bikes surplus to requirement both odd balls , relatively scarce but collectable. Never thought i would have a problem moving them on and it is not, apart from todays values in doing so. Will not buy a more suitable bike to serve my current needs until I find private buyers for mine. I have my eyes on suitable lighter , more manageable alternatives without silly costs in use detriments.

I certainly do not want a 1300cc, flat twin. A modern R8 would certainly float my boat over a BMW badged Asian incarnation. I can only speak for myself but now having a niggly knee more power and more macho are not things I require. I do not need over tech (for the sake of it) especially when it puts extra thousands into the unit cost.

I suspect this winter there will be cracking deals to have on old stock.... One Honda dealer has already come back to me twice with two £500 incentives to buy a 2023 model I have test ridden.

The MG V9 with a 21 litre fuel tank is looking more and more attractive.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

wicker

Re: The Bike market today.

Postby wicker » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:20 pm

I quite regularly look at bikes for sale on Autotrader. Lots and lots of BMWs, far more than I've seen for sale in even in the quite mid winter period.
New GS way to expensive and heavy for my tastes.
My 2010 1200GS and 2000 R1100S are both over 100k miles each and still bring a smile to my face when riding them. Difficult to justify spending lots of money to replace either when funds are tight and finance is at current rates.
Have been tempted by the Moto Guzzi V85TT in the black and white Guardia D'Onore colour scheme which has been sitting in Jim Allan's window for at least the last 4 months.

boxerscott

Re: The Bike market today.

Postby boxerscott » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:52 pm

Other factors may include the fall of CBT`s. No younger people coming through. E cycles and scoots ... no cbt, no road tax, no insurance.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”