All Change.....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

All Change.....

Postby slparry » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:09 am

So, things have not been good at work since returning after Xmas.

It all came to a head this week and the bank came in and stopped us trading, meaning we've been twiddling our thumbs all week. We've been told there's a staff meeting at 11 so we're expecting the worst.

In anticipation of that I pre-empted it and have found another role, I'd been looking for a more part time job and am pleased to announce I'm the new sales executive for Triumph Chester .... 4 days a week in the summer and 2 days in the winter :D

Hopefully starting in a couple of weeks time
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

ianc53

Re: All Change.....

Postby ianc53 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:19 pm

Glad to hear you're sorted Steve. I suspect other dealers will also be struggling. You're certainly in a position to talk to customers about a good few of the bikes out there!

Good luck

Ian
Motorrad R1250RS SE 2023
Blue R100RS 1980
Suzuki GT250B 1977

JamesL

Postby JamesL » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:55 pm

Blimey, good luck Steve. I've been through one or two of those 11am all staff meetings and it's not fun so fingers crossed for the Triumph gig.

So you'll be on some state of the art effort in May?

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:30 pm

Well done on your pre-emptive move to Triumph!

All the best,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:18 pm

Good for you! (at least you're not trying to sell Harleys)

Triumph make great bikes.

Thought you might have been thinking about retirement?
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

popsky

Postby popsky » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:45 pm

:shock: Blimey Steve, KTM was short lived, good luck with the Triumph gig hopefully hear all about it in May
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:18 pm

popsky wrote::shock: Blimey Steve, KTM was short lived, good luck with the Triumph gig hopefully hear all about it in May

Have to admit - I had an itch for a 1290GT, but the KTM niggles and infrastructure ultimately put me off. They make some great bikes, but I don't think they get the volume.

The 1290SA 'seems' to have better reliability than the 'GT' which is a bit strange?

Triumph - seem to have a great range and reliability seems good. Their heritage range is always an easy sell, too.

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:59 am

Blackal wrote:Good for you! (at least you're not trying to sell Harleys)

Triumph make great bikes.

Thought you might have been thinking about retirement?

Triumph have offered me part time which I'd been after for ages. I'm in receipt of a small company pension from a previous employer and in June will get state pension and of course will no longer have to pay NI so part time means I can still have structure in my life but have more me time. They've offered 4 day week in the season and 2 days over the winter
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:02 am

Blackal wrote:
popsky wrote::shock: Blimey Steve, KTM was short lived, good luck with the Triumph gig hopefully hear all about it in May

Have to admit - I had an itch for a 1290GT, but the KTM niggles and infrastructure ultimately put me off. They make some great bikes, but I don't think they get the volume.

The 1290SA 'seems' to have better reliability than the 'GT' which is a bit strange?

Triumph - seem to have a great range and reliability seems good. Their heritage range is always an easy sell, too.

Al

Being honest we were concerned about reliability issues when we took on the agency but in reality we had less issues than we had with GS's however BMW are world class at after sales support which no other bike manufacturer can match really.

At present KTM have an offer on the 1290's that doubles the warranty to 4 years!

My understanding from the chat in work was it was the Harley side that dragged us down. Harley side retained far more profit in their sales but didn't sell anywhere near the numbers anymore. We sold 320 bikes last year to Harley's 50 apparently.
--
Steve Parry

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:57 pm

We were KTM for two years but the current trading climate was tough. But my understanding was we were operating well but the Harley side was dragging us down.

We were selling 300 bikes a year to HDs 50
--
Steve Parry

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:26 pm

Good luck Steve, I know its a passion for you and not a career. Nett zero is putting us in recession. Forcing beginners and Coffin dodgers off the road. Manufacturers of all heat producing engines do not know which way to turn. Big cruiser market has taken a massive downturn. Do you actually "sell" bikes these days or rent them out? I still have dreams about tassels and a thumping 1700cc Thunderstorm :wink:

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

templen

Postby templen » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:41 pm

Good to hear you got something sorted out Steve,

I did the Triumph factory tour late last year (was excellent).

I can only see Triumph on the up, especially with the new models they're releasing.

Good luck in the new role.

Cheers, Nick
R1200 GSA
Audi TTS
Sealine S34
"Make Tea not War"

Return to “Boxerbanter”