ABS Certificate!!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

sandbar

ABS Certificate!!

Postby sandbar » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:45 pm

Got my certificate yesterday - so there - NYAA-NYAA-NA-NA-NYAA!!!!!

Proves that my servo/ABS brake system was working perfectly - yesterday :roll:

Very painless process tho' - it was free.

sandbar

Harry Lime

Postby Harry Lime » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:56 pm

Oh Lordy my. They hand out a certificate! I suppose we'll all have to get one to satisfy picky buyers of second hand BMWs. I'm not worried about my braking system, but now I suppose I'll have to traipse down to a dealer before long.
Harry Lime

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:22 pm

Harry Lime wrote: I suppose we'll all have to get one to satisfy picky buyers of second hand BMWs. I'm not worried about my braking system, but now I suppose I'll have to traipse down to a dealer before long.

Exactly. I also had absolutely no problems whatsoever, but having the certificate could be better than not.

Mind you it might just pick up a problem before it had a chance to be noticed whilst riding. Although with my 300 miles in the last 10 months that is not really likely.

When (if) you do it make sure that you get both pages, because the actual signed certificate is not bike specific. You need the other page that gives all the readout details as well as the bike's details.

It shows that I have been on the front brakes for a total of 8 hrs 10 minutes and 3 seconds. :oops: The front ABS has been actuated for 1 minute and 13 seconds. :roll:

Very embarrassingly it shows that I must drag the back brake a lot because the corresponding rear brake figures are 08:33:07 and 00:14:24

:oops: sandbar :oops:

minivin

Postby minivin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:50 am

my times will loook bloody awful, the rear brake light switch stuck on for ages so mine will be in the double figures :lol:

Something I have got to get done in the new year, supposedly if the bike is involved in an accident, if the police or insewance note that it is a ABS vehicle, they check for an upto-date certificate :?

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:53 pm

As if we needed ANOTHER reason not to bother with ABS :wink:
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

nab 301

Re: ABS Certificate!!

Postby nab 301 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:24 pm

sandbar wrote:Got my certificate yesterday - so there - NYAA-NYAA-NA-NA-NYAA!!!!!

Proves that my servo/ABS brake system was working perfectly - yesterday :roll:

Very painless process tho' - it was free.

sandbar

Pls explain , is that mot related?

Nigel B (From the land of no bike mot's)

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:44 am

No, it has nothing to do with the MOT at all!

It is BMW's response to all the flack that they have been receiving on various forums. Apparently it has all been down to one bloke who has tried to saturate forums - allegedly using loads of different user names - with complaints and criticisms about the servo/ABS system.

It is not a recall; it is an opportunity (at BMW's expense) to have your brake system checked and written confirmation obtained.

It might (or not) help a sale at a later date.

sandbar

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:35 am

sandbar wrote:No, it has nothing to do with the MOT at all!

It is BMW's response to all the flack that they have been receiving on various forums. Apparently it has all been down to one bloke who has tried to saturate forums - allegedly using loads of different user names - with complaints and criticisms about the servo/ABS system.

It is not a recall; it is an opportunity (at BMW's expense) to have your brake system checked and written confirmation obtained.

sandbar
You wouldn't be sellling that Marlboro RD of yours would you?! What ya gonna go down the chip shop on?
:D
Bailey.
Honda VFR750 FV 1997 Red and dirty, 130K miles.

Honda VFR800 Xf Crossrunner 2016 White and dirty, 120K miles.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:34 pm

bigblackfalco wrote:
sandbar wrote:No, it has nothing to do with the MOT at all!

sandbar
You wouldn't be sellling that Marlboro RD of yours would you?! What ya gonna go down the chip shop on?
:D
Bailey.

He lives next door to the chippy thats why the RD hasn't done any miles this year :D
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear

bright until you hear them speak.

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:12 pm

bigblackfalco wrote:You wouldn't be sellling that Marlboro RD of yours would you?!
Bailey.

EH??????

Are you sure you've not confused me with someone else??

The only worthwhile 2-strokes that I can remember owning were an IT 425 :twisted: followed by an IT 465 :twisted:

:shock: Now either of them could have put an RD seriously in its place :shock:

Didn't need to go to the chip shop on them - with the traction that they had I could have towed the chippy along behind me :lol:

sandbar

Return to “Boxerbanter”