No more "S"

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bmwonder

No more "S"

Postby bmwonder » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:28 pm

Right then. The S is definately history as I have just bought Crucial's Blade.
(Cheers Paul she is a good 'un. I promise not to abuse it too much. Just the bike for riding home in the snow. Got the wierdest look form the Plod in the passenger seat as he passed. Couldn't make up my mind if it was shock or pity?).

Not quite sure what to do that I'm not a BMW owner any more. Do I have to change my lifestyle in any way? (Small plates on the wifes car, pink anodised fixings on the doors etc). No more coffee at SL BMW, do Dobles or Tippets do a lattes? It's a whole new world. What am I going to do.......

......track day anyone?

crucial

Postby crucial » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:42 pm

Good to hear you made it home ok, I bet you'd cooled down sufficiently by the time you did :D

Don't wear your slippers and smoke your pipe while on the Blade, you'll just give yourself away as a former BM owner :wink:

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:53 pm

It was a bit cold wasn't it! The bike wasn't in showroom condition when I got back.

Don't wear your slippers and smoke your pipe while on the Blade, you'll just give yourself away as a former BM owner

that's why I had my HJC lid rather than the BMW one that I normally wear in the winter. How shallow am I? :D

It's actually a bit of a pussy cat to ride so long as you go easy with the revs. I was suprised how well mannered it was. I thought that it would be more on and off than it actually is. Very progressive.......and no you can't have it back! :D

crucial

Postby crucial » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:05 pm

I think all that stuff written about the "snatchy" fuel injection was overplayed TBH. There is a small flat spot, but nothing that a Power Commander wouldn't cure.

Next to the s it feels like it's propelled by a gas turbine :D :wink:

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:04 pm

you'll have to acquire a 'slip on' and an iridium 'double bubble' :wink:

a cheap set of track plastics might be fun, save you buying a 2nd bike, and you can look forward to cheaper service costs and frequent new rear tyres.

Ade.
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:54 am

Already came with the bike. I think that they are standard issue for any blade owner (never seen one with a hugger yet though - very strange?). Set of plastics look quite cheap (something like £245 for a full set). I do have a set of crash bungs from R&G racing on order. I am looking forward to hopefully getting through lots of tyres. :D

Ade - Let me know if you have any outings planned.

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:26 am

bmwonder wrote: (never seen one with a hugger yet though - very strange?).

:oops: Apologies if I am not paying attention :oops:

What year is it? I have got a couple for the 93 model - I think they fit a few years around 93!

Carbon - of course :twisted:

sandbar

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:47 am

Apologies if I am not paying attention

I think that at your age we can forgive the minor lapses in attention :wink:

It's a 2000 (RR-Y)

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:24 pm

I can personally vouch for the effectiveness of R&G crash bungs having got through two sets..... irritating that they don't sell em singley mind as they're not cheap. Also watch the torquing up of the bolts going into the frame, we stripped the thread on the R6 fitting the 2nd set and courtesy of Boxadog had to put in a helicoil.

No days planned as yet, the bike is up north in parents garage (not to be touched till march....) - reckon first outing will be mid/late march depending on weather and when I get up there to get the rear shock serviced...

Will keep you posted.

Ade
2000 R1100S Sport

1980 Vespa P125X

Return to “Boxerbanter”