RiceBurner down but OK

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:28 pm

Cheers all. The good wishes are very much appreciated, and help a lot.

Have seen docs again yesterday and the right hand is out of action for a few weeks. :( Bike is a write off too. :(
non quod, sed quomodo

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:24 pm

RiceBurner wrote:Cheers all. The good wishes are very much appreciated, and help a lot.

Have seen docs again yesterday and the right hand is out of action for a few weeks. :( Bike is a write off too. :(

James - mind telling what happened or not?

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Right hand out of action and nothing to do but sit home on the internet? Hmmmm! Interesting problem. :lol:

Get well soon!

Dave Hayman

Get well soon from across the pond

Postby Dave Hayman » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:27 pm

Though I would drop you a quick line here from sunny Florida - don't know you Mr Burner therefore cannot possibly comment on any malicious right hand issues ( :oops: ) but wish you speedy recovery anyway.

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:56 pm

Jason M wrote:
RiceBurner wrote:Cheers all. The good wishes are very much appreciated, and help a lot.

basic story is : Landy in front of me got cut-up, braked hard, lost control & started to spin slowly, slowing down faster than I possibly could so I hit him. (nowhere to go: I was hard on the brakes on damp slippery roads with a Landy at 90 degrees in front of me filling every escape route. :( )
non quod, sed quomodo

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:21 pm

RiceBurner wrote:
Jason M wrote:

basic story is : Landy in front of me got cut-up, braked hard, lost control & started to spin slowly, slowing down faster than I possibly could so I hit him. (nowhere to go: I was hard on the brakes on damp slippery roads with a Landy at 90 degrees in front of me filling every escape route. :( )

Bollox - at least you didn't go down and under by the sounds of it. Very nasty indeed, and scary too. Like a flippin bad dream.

Well, hope to see you back on the road again soon.

bmwonder

Postby bmwonder » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:57 pm

I had a very similar accident. A van braked hard in front of me in the wet. I was too close and grabed a handful and the bike went down. It edded up under the van and then I ended up behind it. Lots of bruises but no serious damage. That's what made me buy ABS the next time. I couldn't guarantee that if the same thing happened again that I wouldn't react in the same way. What were you wearing? Did you have full kit on?

Return to “Boxerbanter”