Had to happen somewhen

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

minivin

Had to happen somewhen

Postby minivin » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:41 pm

Just dropped the bike :(

0mph on the patio though ;)

Was replacing the rear brake pads and disc, job done, time to turn the bike around and do the nearside front. Get the bike half way around at because our patio has a ramp going upto it and a "annexe" to the side of the ramp where the workshop juts out and the water butt sits as I brought the front wheel back from the annexe it dropped two inches onto the ramp, with my sidestand still down :shock:

gently laid it down but it still had the ramp to provide a little forward motion to scuff the cylinder head cover, just had to file it a little and put a bit of cellulose on it.

pish :oops:

minivin

Postby minivin » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:43 pm

oh yeah, first damage in 2 1/2 years of owning it, and somehow I put a four inch scuff across my leg in the process and drew blood, double pish!!! :wink:

twodear

Too bad for the damage

Postby twodear » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:28 pm

but I'm glad I'm not the only one that this sort of thing happens to.

I'd just put my spotless/unmarked '93 Fireblade up for sale and had ridden it to work to place a 'For Sale' sign on it. Some time in the afternoon a gust of wind hit it on the left side and knocked it over (the event was captured on security camera). $700 damage to the fairing.

More recently, a couple of friends and I (me on Bubba, an '03 R1150GSA) had pulled into a deli in Loebethal for a cuppa. I stopped on a part of the parking space that had quite a slope which combined with a lack of inseam length to cause predictable fall, but since the pillion peg was down, it snapped right off, sheesh.
If enough is enough and more is better than too much should be just about right.

wicker

Postby wicker » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:03 pm

Brother-in-law took his Tiger out for a final ride having just advertised it for sale. Binned it on a slow bend and wrote the bike off. Actually got more £ from the insurance company than the price he had advertised for sale.

minivin

Postby minivin » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:54 pm

I think I learnt how to drop the bike at stand still with my Triumph T595 :lol: dropped it once on the left as I caught my trainers in the peg, then once on the right on a car park ramp that was cobbled and the clutch didn't want to do low speed work :)

I thinkt he moral of selling something is "Don't touch it and pray it don't break till it's been paid for" :lol: :twisted:

Return to “Boxerbanter”