This Weeks Snippet from MCN!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BMWBob

This Weeks Snippet from MCN!

Postby BMWBob » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:28 pm

I quote:

"BMW is developing the sportiest machine it has ever built. The bike, based on the new R1200S, is set to be a high-spec, high-cost version, with around 135bhp and a limited production run of about 300. I've heard the bike will be used in a new Boxer Cup race series in the vein of last year's MotoGP-supporting PowerCup series, in which competitors rode K1200Rs."

Regards Bob.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:38 pm

sounds very,very expensive. Be very interested to see how they get the hp and whether it's at the expense of real rideability.
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

winger

Postby winger » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:45 pm

They must have read Boxerpans posting of a month ago!!!!!,and i'm sure Sandbar told him before that!!!.

Although god knows what it will be like to ride,have you ever ridden a Mille,i rode a factory version last summer(Dunlops test bike),incredible!!!! under 8000 revs it wouldn't pull you out of bed,i was warned before i rode it and thought naaaa can't be right, a bloody horror!!!,what made it worse i've always liked the look of e'm soon cured me i can tell you.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:53 pm

winger wrote:Although god knows what it will be like to ride,have you ever ridden a Mille,i rode a factory version last summer(Dunlops test bike),incredible!!!! under 8000 revs it wouldn't pull you out of bed,i was warned before i rode it and thought naaaa can't be right, a bloody horror!!!,what made it worse i've always liked the look of e'm soon cured me i can tell you.

What bloody good would a Mille be 2up ? Never mind it looking alright!
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear

bright until you hear them speak.

winger

Postby winger » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:34 pm

I do have my momments when i heart rules my head!!! not many just a few!!

Return to “Boxerbanter”