A question for you.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bigblackfalco

A question for you.

Postby bigblackfalco » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:55 am

If I got banned for 6 months on December 5th 2005,when should I get my licence back??
Answers on a postacrd please......
Bailey.
Honda VFR750 FV 1997 Red and dirty, 130K miles.

Honda VFR800 Xf Crossrunner 2016 White and dirty, 120K miles.

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:00 pm

in theory it should be June 5th?
But I bet you have to apply for it. Go on do tell.
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:06 pm

Well,I thought it should be May 5th?? But DVLA say June 5th too.
Can you explain the logic please.
Bailey.

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:42 pm

Bailey,

It would be June 5th as it was for 6 months from date of conviction. And don't forget to apply for your licence back, as if you don't, and ride, you will be committing an offence.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:20 pm

December, to jan, feb, mar, april. may, june... 6 months date to date
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:26 pm

Look on the brightside Bailey.. the weather forcaste for May is looking awful.

On an even funnier note.. I might be joining you soon. I got pulled for 80mph in a 60mph limit tonight.. 3 points and £60. I honestly.. and I bet they all say this.... dont think I was doing anything like that sort of speed,.. but PC in the Volvo siad he had to do 80mph to catch me, so he put 80 on the ticket. It was only when i got home and thawed out,.. that I thought 'of course he had to do 80mph to catch me',..... I'd pulled away from him at traffic lights and opened it up after leaving the 40mph limit, ....... but i sure know i was doing no more than 65 when i saw the blue light in my mirrors and i certaionly hadn't slowed down,.. was just cruising. I guess it's too late to argue the toss now, ... unless of course.. anyone knows differently.

Looking on the birghside though, .. I was on my Bandit (150,000 miles), .. If I hadn't put a hole in the 1100's piston, ...... I might have actaully been doing a lot more than 80mph, ..... happy days :D

Geoff
Avoiding Reality ....... http://poorcirculation.blogspot.com/

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:37 pm

Bockingbandit,

What has he written on the ticket, does it say 2 different locations in the location box. As you said I doesn't matter if he was doing 80mph to catch you he needs to have done a follow on at a steady speed to state what speed you were doing or caught you on a vascar device.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:25 am

BockingBandit wrote:Look on the brightside Bailey.. the weather forcaste for May is looking awful.

On an even funnier note.. I might be joining you soon. I got pulled for 80mph in a 60mph limit tonight.. 3 points and £60. I honestly.. and I bet they all say this.... dont think I was doing anything like that sort of speed,.. but PC in the Volvo siad he had to do 80mph to catch me, so he put 80 on the ticket. It was only when i got home and thawed out,.. that I thought 'of course he had to do 80mph to catch me',..... I'd pulled away from him at traffic lights and opened it up after leaving the 40mph limit, ....... but i sure know i was doing no more than 65 when i saw the blue light in my mirrors and i certaionly hadn't slowed down,.. was just cruising. I guess it's too late to argue the toss now, ... unless of course.. anyone knows differently.I'd deffo question that one Geoff.

Looking on the birghside though, .. I was on my Bandit (150,000 miles), .. If I hadn't put a hole in the 1100's piston, ...... I might have actaully been doing a lot more than 80mph, ..... happy days :D

Geoff
Did he get you on a Vascar(he would have shown you the display in car) otherwise just saying he had to do 80 to ctach up with you is not sufficient....needs to have shown that he was doing an average speed to maintain a steady distance with you.
Bailey.

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:44 am

No.. he didn't take me into the car (Marked Blue Volvo).. or show me anything that indicated a 'speed' for me or him. He only said that he had to do 80mph to catch up with me.
On the ticket,.. 'Fixed Penalty Notice'.. he has just written,...
'Excess Speed 60mph (80)'

And that's it,.. the '80' he has drawn a circle around.

He didnt actualy follow me really, ... not at a fixed speed at least and I indicated and stopped as soon as I saw the blue light. He only followed me when i suggested that where we had stopped might not be safe,.. and asked him to follow me to the garage.. about 1mile along the road. He had a WPC in the car with him.. but she didnt get out or speak etc.

He thought it was funny that I hadn't seen him behind me at the trafic lights. (Unlit road, .. middle of knowhere,. the old A120) I told him that he might have noticed the way that i had twisted my handlebars to full lock while he was sat behind me becasue the glare from his headlights in my mirrors was blinding me.. he just sort of giggled.

I've ridden back down the road this morning... and there is absolutely no way I was doing anything close to 80mph. I'm fuming now, .... I sort of wish it was a 'fair cop',.. then at least I'd just accept it.. but this is really doing my head in.

Anyway, ..... it's chain adjusting time, .... 'Remember That Little Task Guys?'

Geoff

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:59 am

BockingBandit wrote:No.. he didn't take me into the car (Marked Blue Volvo).. or show me anything that indicated a 'speed' for me or him. He only said that he had to do 80mph to catch up with me.
On the ticket,.. 'Fixed Penalty Notice'.. he has just written,...
'Excess Speed 60mph (80)'

And that's it,.. the '80' he has drawn a circle around.

He didnt actualy follow me really, ... not at a fixed speed at least and I indicated and stopped as soon as I saw the blue light. He only followed me when i suggested that where we had stopped might not be safe,.. and asked him to follow me to the garage.. about 1mile along the road. He had a WPC in the car with him.. but she didnt get out or speak etc.

He thought it was funny that I hadn't seen him behind me at the trafic lights. (Unlit road, .. middle of knowhere,. the old A120) I told him that he might have noticed the way that i had twisted my handlebars to full lock while he was sat behind me becasue the glare from his headlights in my mirrors was blinding me.. he just sort of giggled.

I've ridden back down the road this morning... and there is absolutely no way I was doing anything close to 80mph. I'm fuming now, .... I sort of wish it was a 'fair cop',.. then at least I'd just accept it.. but this is really doing my head in.

Anyway, ..... it's chain adjusting time, .... 'Remember That Little Task Guys?'

Geoff
I'd deffo contest that one mate.If he's shown no actual method of calculating your average speed(vascar or markers on the carriageway) then what proof has he got?
Don't let it go mate....it's your livelyhood!
Bailey.

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:47 pm

Chain ....... chain ........ are we talking boudoirs here? :P

Jack the lad on shift with (maybe) new to job WPC and is out to impress her.
You wizz by and he says 'Bikers, hate them. I'm gonna have him.'
Bailey is right. If he didn't follow the rules then he has made an error in giving you a ticket. Fight it!

Whilst I'm here ....... has no one mentioned the cover of Ride magazine here? Nice photo of BMW's best obsolete bike!

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:34 pm

Geoff[/quote]I'd deffo contest that one mate.If he's shown no actual method of calculating your average speed(vascar or markers on the carriageway) then what proof has he got?
Bailey.[/quote]

I think that the presence of another officer in the car may be all that is required to witness your speed, it'd be your word against the two officers :cry:

though I'd be happy to wrong about that.

good luck
Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:06 pm

Boxered wrote:Geoff
I'd deffo contest that one mate.If he's shown no actual method of calculating your average speed(vascar or markers on the carriageway) then what proof has he got?
Bailey.[/quote]

I think that the presence of another officer in the car may be all that is required to witness your speed, it'd be your word against the two officers :cry:

though I'd be happy to wrong about that.

good luck
Steve[/quote] Wouldn't carry in Court I don't think.They need physical proof/means to show how they calculated the said speed.
Bailey.

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 pm

Bailey - 6 months is definitely June 5th... sorry.

Apply for your licence early in May to make sure it's in your hands by the time you're back on the road. When I got my licence back I went out at 1 minute past midnight and promptly wound it up to 120 on a local B road... felt fecking fast after a 3 month lay off :shock:

Geoff - I thought it was the norm for plod to say how fast they were going to catch you. My friendly plod told me the needle was off the clock... said the same in court as part of his evidence too. I think the magistrates were impressed :wink:

You're undoing might be a confession or admittance of guilt on your part. Did you agree with 80mph when he told you?

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:03 am

Well, ..... Visited Bishopsgate Nick to 'produce' today,... and decided to 'Pay-Up'. Advice was as Adamski and Bailey said, ..... 2 Cops 'V' 1 Courier,... no contest.
Although I still know i wasn't doing 80mph.. or anything close to it, .... the last week has changed my 'Riding Style'. (6 Points is a good Motivator). The only downside is, ...... riding more 'Passively' makes London Motorists' more aggresive. I kid you not, ........ 'In Traffic' is not a good place to be, ........ lets see what this does for this years 'Accident Count'.
Anyway.. thanks for your advice lads, ..... and role-on 5th June for Bailey.
Geoff

Return to “Boxerbanter”