Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

gus

Postby gus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:36 pm

I know this part of the forum is called boxer bollox,but come on! :roll:
gus

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:38 pm

Quite right Gus ! :D

As soon as he quoted a Journo as a source he was doomed, believing what's written in the press, hurmph !
Cheers
PAul

Keep it sticky side down.

gus

Postby gus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:08 pm

Just because they wont listen to you over on pelican chris,dont mean you have to rant your dissaproval of the new S here. :lol: :wink:
Gus
ps how do you know archie and i are riding gods?
Thats top secret stuff.

BMW-Fahrer

Postby BMW-Fahrer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:24 pm

Adam your last words say it all.
The new R12S without the"sportbikefication" would have been this winner for me and probably a lot of others,too.
Who knows maybe someone is hearing us...Until then I'll keep on enjoing the old one!And even better money I have not spend I don't have to earn;more time for riding!The latest and greatest is tomorrows old shit anyways...

BMW-Fahrer

Postby BMW-Fahrer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:37 pm

If I would believe the journos,I would have taded my virtual VFR on a GXR1000 long time ago...
What secrets?Gus Scott and Adrian Archibald were/are riding gods...;-)
Gus really liked riding his R1100S in the few Boxercup stints even if he could have handled a few more hp fore sure.
A rant?I just wanted to see how you guys feel about the new S going extreme or single purpose leaving the sport-tour abilities behind...
I guess come summer of 07 even the beancounters at BMW know if the direction was right.

gus

Postby gus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Chris
well i,m sure you now know how SOME of us feel about the new S and the old debate about sportbikes being too much for the road.Been there,seen it,spoke about it and rode it.Couldnt give a monkeys arse!It wouldnt or couldnt change your view anyway.You,ve got your mindset on a bike which has already been made.Enjoy it.Go with the flow and dont worry too much about the balls up BMW have made with there bikes.Unless you have shares of course?
How about submitting some designs of your own to BMW on how you think the new S should be.Complain!Its your right.
While your at it,tell em to stop making there M power cars.
i,m sure that 99% of the people who bought them cant drive them as they were intended.
What a load of bollox eh. :wink:
gus

Archie

Postby Archie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:39 pm

BMW-Fahrer wrote: I tried a GSXR thou (not the latest) on a trackday.As powerful and fast as it was on the straights the S was way more fun and less stressful to ride and my lap times probably faster,too...

Maybe says more about you than the bikes??????

Return to “Boxerbanter”