Is it just me?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:50 pm

Lloyd, no doubt you are peed off as I suspect that they are undercutting your business by doing things on the cheap - however strictly speaking 'they' could be indian, bangladeshi or pakistani, even sri-lankan etc. etc.

I know plenty of pure born english stock who run dodgy vehicles, no insurance and red diesel..

I'm generally against political correctness for its own sake, but as my wife is light brown in colour and not from round these parts I'm not keen on racism (builders from essex excepted....

..and the french obviously)

Ade.
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:23 pm

Ade B wrote:I know plenty of pure born english stock who run dodgy vehicles, no insurance and red diesel..

Ade.

Dob them in like I have done in the past :evil: especially no insurance/no licence/defective vehicles. I'm not feeling PC at the moment - it may pass.
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Archie

Postby Archie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:46 pm

boxerpan wrote:
Ade B wrote:I know plenty of pure born english stock who run dodgy vehicles,

Ade.

Dob them in like I have done in the past

So that's Gromit, WInger and Gus just for starters!

winger

Postby winger » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:00 pm

Dodgy you cheeky sod,i'll have you know their all taxed and mote'd,3 cars,2 bikes and a scooter,the cars may be Fiats!!! but i don't get to many people takeing piss out of my Stilo!!,as soon as they realise it ain't normal they soon calm down.

Although i have to say getting nicked on the M5 doing 92 some years ago and haveing copper bugger of and leave me laughing my socks of and my missus asking why,the bike hadn't been taxed for nearly 3 years!!! the good old days!!.

Talking of brown skin!!

Someone reckoned i 'm like Saddam,but not sure if he was talking looks or attitude!!!

decisivedave

Re: Is it just me?

Postby decisivedave » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:14 am

Jason M wrote:So... all you IAM drivers out there - what did I do wrong?
Jason

You didn't do anything wrong - You were riding fast, you were aware of something unusual ahead and gut reaction told you to change lane - Gut reaction is not some hippy, e.s.p., subjective thing - It's the lifetime of experience that all of us and our ancestors have had which has kept us alive for millions of years, and that unconsciuosly informs our decisions. (Just don't rely on it being right every time - ever seen the Darwin Awards?).

A couple of years ago I ignored a gut feeling about a car approaching a junction, and I had my car written off as a consequence - Feel the Force Man :wink: .

Return to “Boxerbanter”