MCN

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:05 pm

julian wrote:Never buy it, sometimes read it in Tesco but still find it a waste of trees.
How much new news on bikes can there be each week??? Commercially the the pish-poor content justifies EMAP's return in advertising revenue. Try working out how much the classified section rakes in each week . I did once but forget. zzzzzzzzzz

Stopped buying it shortly after Adam 'sensationalist-arrogant-pie-eating-knob-jockey' Duckworth took the helm. and turned it into a mish-mash of Sunday Sport with bikes. He's moved on but MCN has continued its downward spiral.

What gets me is the contradictory nature of front covers 'Police out to get bikers FOR X, Y, OR Z' and next to it "600 shootout - how we ragged the tits off round the Peterborough bypass at 160mph for 48 hours'. Pah!

'Post of the Day Award' - without a doubt. :D

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:26 pm

From the referred article:

This is not a superbike; for that it would need 30kg less weight and 30kW more urge. It is, however, a superbly composed sports-tourer of proven design and matchless build quality.

Same conclusion is drawn by journalist of the German Motorrad magazine (they have a soft spot for BMW's). So it seems BMW missed twice: it's not good enough to be a true sports-bike, it's not practical enough to be a sports tourer (no hard bags etc.).

On top of that: it's expensive. I'guess the stiffest competition for the R1200S will be ..... a second hand upgraded R1100S :roll:

HJ

winger

Postby winger » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:37 pm

The trick is to buy mags on subscribtion,not only cheaper,but saves haveing to wade through the 3 rows librarians at WH Smith!!!

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:31 pm

I get mine reserved at the local news agent 8)
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

Return to “Boxerbanter”