r1200s luggage

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Rods

r1200s luggage

Postby Rods » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:00 pm

just had the bike serviced at SLM. good job as ever, and a good price (considering it's a bm - it was just over 10x the cost of my last blackbird service :D but that was only £20 :D )

had a little chat about the range, including 1200s. apparently bmw are going to bring out luggage for it. i hadn't heard this before...

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:10 pm

I think it's probably going to be a velcro-on pouch to fit the pillion perch, for keeping one spare pair of skidders in ;)

Looking closely at the 12S the other week (when I got my BCR) I couldn't find a single bungee point on the rear of the bike - aft of the rear pegs there doesn't even seem to be one place where anything structural (something like a Ventura rack etc) can be bolted.

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:51 pm

I think it's probably going to be a velcro-on pouch to fit the pillion perch, for keeping one spare pair of skidders in

and until then you 1200s guys will just have use the old 'Turn them inside out' method. :shock:

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:51 pm

It's going to be complete with a new subframe 'a la 'Busa'! :)

Rods

Postby Rods » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:42 pm

Neil178 wrote:and until then you 1200s guys will just have use the old 'Turn them inside out' method. :shock:

you mean there's another way :?

julian

Re: r1200s luggage

Postby julian » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:00 am

Rods wrote:just had the bike serviced at SLM. good job as ever, and a good price (considering it's a bm - it was just over 10x the cost of my last blackbird service :D but that was only £20 :D )

had a little chat about the range, including 1200s. apparently bmw are going to bring out luggage for it. i hadn't heard this before...

Did SLM mention whether the R12S is selling like hot cakes (...or not)?

Hope not, cos if they start discounting pre-registered/demo models I might snap one up next year.
BMW R1100S (Black)
Suzuki TL1000S (Red)

stubox

Postby stubox » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:58 am

BMW do a tailpack which fits on the perch at the back. Managed to get enough t shirts , skiddies etc in for a 6 day trip.
Pillion seat slips into a pocket on base of seat then its strapped down. I used pillion pegs and the heat protector for rear fixings.
If I could post a pick I would but still can't figure out how :?:

Stu

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:13 pm

stubox wrote:BMW do a tailpack which fits on the perch at the back. Managed to get enough t shirts , skiddies etc in for a 6 day trip.
Pillion seat slips into a pocket on base of seat then its strapped down. I used pillion pegs and the heat protector for rear fixings.
If I could post a pick I would but still can't figure out how :?:

Stu

is that the pack that also fits onto the K-series bikes? If so then it's actually quite a big pack - Mitzi got one with her K and we've picked up a spare too (it fits nicely onto the Rockster tail rack. :D )

(but I can't get a pick off the BMW UK website cos they've not put the post 2005 products up yet. :roll: )

here's the one I'm on about :

non quod, sed quomodo

stubox

Postby stubox » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:36 pm

that be the one!

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:20 am

stubox wrote:that be the one!

It's a good bag actually - the main compartment is within a self contained waterproof liner with drawstring, and the 3 outer pockets are handy for the odd item. (the top pocket is ideal for CDs.... came in useful last time I borrowed Vines' R1200RT ;) )

it's also quite clever in the way it fastens to the bike - there's 2 "lugs" sewn into the base (of different widths) that you hook onto the seat or rack, and then you have 2 adjustable straps that loop around something (whatever you can find) forward of the bag, which you then pull tight to keep the bag in place - works VERY well, you just need to make sure the rack/seat the bag is hooking onto is flat - eg the pillion seat on the Rockster won't do - but it works like a charm on the tail rack. :D
non quod, sed quomodo

Return to “Boxerbanter”