Help with Second hand Pricing

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

sproggy

Postby sproggy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Blackal wrote:Hang on......Import into Spain? Aren't they in this Common Malarky too?

What gives?[/b]

Al :D

Doesn't matter where a vehicle's from - you have to pay to register it in the country into which you bring it (assuming it'll be staying there, of course), whether it's new or used. It'd be the same if you were importing a bike from Spain to the UK, just that the paperwork is less expensive here.

We've done other bikes to Spain which were less expensive to register - the cost is related to what the Spanish authorities believe the bike is worth......

snavetrauts

Postby snavetrauts » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:10 pm

I know.... it is a malarky. The EU bollocked Spain a few years a go for effectively protecting their own bike sales (and cars), by charging so much for importing a bike into the country. All they did was drop the percentage figure they charged from 16 to 12% of the current street price. (as set by Spain not the export country) You cannot win. Stuart
.......~ ~
....-(@ @)-
ooO-(__)-Ooo

Ride due west to the sunset, turn left at the Rocky Mountains. (Jeremiah Johnson)

R1100S 2003. The Fast Colour. G650 Xchallenge 2008. F650CS Black 2003 SWMBO

snavetrauts

Postby snavetrauts » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:58 pm

Well finally here it is.... thanks to Al/Blackal.

The bad bits..... corrosion around all bolts hold on front cover. Rusty bolts on all calipers, paint blistering on gearbox paintwork. Gearchange linkage rusty.

I have read previous threads and expected some of this... but I believe this previous owner used aggressive cleaners... not bike stuff.

The bike is beautiful to ride though and I am in love again.

Stuart
.......~ ~

....-(@ @)-

ooO-(__)-Ooo

Ride due west to the sunset, turn left at the Rocky Mountains. (Jeremiah Johnson)

R1100S 2003. The Fast Colour. G650 Xchallenge 2008. F650CS Black 2003 SWMBO

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:44 am

From the picture it looks like there is still paint on the fork legs. Its not that bad at all...

Enjoy

Ade
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

Return to “Boxerbanter”