BMCRC at Brands this weekend.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Harry

BMCRC at Brands this weekend.

Postby Harry » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:19 am

Anyone interested to see some decent club racing this weekend, the BemSee club will be on the Brands GP circuit on Saturday and Sunday.
I believe this is one of only 3 occasions they use the full GP circuit each year (BSB and touring cars). So there will be full grids in every class.
Seating in the Grandstand usually no problem, Tickets include the paddock.

I'll be on the yellow F1 sidecar outfit no 40. Come say hello.
harry.

BockingBandit

Postby BockingBandit » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:47 pm

Harry.. hopeing to see you there,.. probably saturday and night. I've got myself a bike so i'm an 'Organ Donor' again LoL
Geoff
Avoiding Reality ....... http://poorcirculation.blogspot.com/

quicksilver

Postby quicksilver » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:21 am

Hello Harry.... ive just read your post on the beemsee meet.... hope you got on ok..... post again next time you race and where as me and my mates will prob come along as our mate ..mark cox... races sometimes and we go and see him but due to work we havnt gone for a while and mark has been in and out of rides... anyway good luck and sorry for this late mail but,,,,, Andy

Harry

Postby Harry » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:56 am

Well we had quite a good week-end really. nice sunshine, friendly people and no serious incidents amongst the sidecars.

A stuck throttle (stuck closed thankfully!) in timed qualifying meant we didn't post a time and were dead last at grid position 30. From then on we had finishes in all 4 races usually finishing around 20th/21st.
Our lap times came down on 3 successive races. - but that said, two of the fast boys on Super F1s cracked an average lap speed of over 100 mph for the first time. Unreal. (we're nearer 85mph over the full lap)

The GP circuit is amazing after trundling round and round the short circuit. The long straight through Pilgrims gives a chance for the xtra cubes of the F1 to get away from the F2s. It's incredibly bumpy at the top end of the wooded section (Westfield bend especially) where there is some new tarmac. So my right side is absolutely black and blue today.

I should also confess to barfing in my helmet after Friday practice! Just missing a marshal and contributing to track conditions at Surtees. but hey thats racing. At least I live close enough to Brands to get home, take the lid apart, get it rinsed off and in the airing cupboard overnight before getting back out the next morning.
cheers. h.

Return to “Boxerbanter”