Advice Needed Purchase R1200S

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Phil Buttolph

Advice Needed Purchase R1200S

Postby Phil Buttolph » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:18 pm

Twodear...I am calling two dealers today to try and setup a purchase...I realize it is an act of faith to buy a bike without even riding on it first...but my first love was my '69 TR6...a twin of a different color! So I have no doubt I will crease my face grinning on a R1200S...and after all our family moto is : "If it is worth doing, it worth doing to excess"...

One bone of contention is the lack of information from BMW on this bike...their website has missing PDFs on the R1200S and emails to them for specifics [like on what the heck does the optional computer actually do] gets me directed to a dealer...not good corperate PR or marketing.

Any leads on good information sources, literature, on these bikes will be greatly appreciated...I like to know about my bikes..
New Guy in Oregon

twodear

R1200S options

Postby twodear » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:26 pm

Phil,

have you tried asking the forum at

[url]Pelican Parts Technical BBS - BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum[\url]

The folks there may know something about optional computers.

Jim
If enough is enough and more is better than too much should be just about right.

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:11 pm

The optional computer i think, as with the other models, has the usual shite like avrage speeds, temp etc etc. the stock bike had 2 tripsd and a milometer, which doe me fine and also when teh fuel light comes on, it counts down your miles left, from approx 50
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Phil Buttolph

Optional Computer on R1200S..What does it display?

Postby Phil Buttolph » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:45 pm

Thanks all...I got this off Pelican...still doesn't answer why the hell BMW doesn't publish this information for consumers!

"I have the computer on my bike. Yes - there is a gas gage, and the range count-down to the end display. There is an ambient tempurature gage with a flashing nagging option that kicks in at 35 F along with a little snowflake icon to warn for black ice. There is a gas milage calculator and and average speed calculator along with the trip meter stuff on the regular bikes. There is an oil level indicator that tells you that things are OK or to add oil. It helps to pass the time when you're slabbing."
New Guy in Oregon

Return to “Boxerbanter”