Baglux tank cover etc - any good?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

woofboxer

Baglux tank cover etc - any good?

Postby woofboxer » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:24 pm

I'm looking to increase the carrying capacity on my R1100S as I'm getting fed up with wearing a rucksack on my commute into London. I don't want to put the panniers on because of the width factor in the traffic. Much of the soft luggage thats available requires a lot of faffing about with bungees etc which is a pain in the arse if you're doing it twice a day. The bike is parked outside in a secure car park whilst I'm in work.

The baglux tank cover and tank bag system looks quite slick - anyone on here got one? What would it be like to use on a daily basis?

Any other suggestions would be welcome (apart from the Jubilee line!)

Cheers

Andy
Black R1100S
Honda F6C
Black Saab 900 Turbo

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:15 pm

Woofboxer,

I have the Baglux cover and it is excellent in quality and fit, also the best bag to go for is the delta bag as it slopes down at the rear and does not obstruct in anyway.

www.baglux.co.uk

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

woofboxer

Postby woofboxer » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:19 pm

Thanks, is the bag easy to take on and off and how does the tank cover fair in the rain etc.

Love the avatar - this is what you get if you don't eat enough fruit and veg!!
Black R1100S

Honda F6C

Black Saab 900 Turbo

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:22 pm

The bag is very easy to take on and off, the tank cover is very hard wearing on the outside and protective of the tank on the underside.

I eat my 5 a day.

A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

Harry

Postby Harry » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:29 am

I like the Baglux cover, even without the bag on cos of the grip you get off the knee pads.
Needs to be washed fairly often if left outside cos grit can get under it and rub the paintwork.

JoeC

Postby JoeC » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:59 pm

Got a Baglux cover and bag (Alpha) and use it every day to work and the odd fun ride out. Find that the bag digs into my chest or is that I lay on it 'cos it's there! I am just under 6 feet tall so it is not that I am a shortie. I may be looking at getting a different bag with a rounded profile at the front but only if one comes up cheap enough. Bags are not waterproof at all without the cover and even a small drizzle gets water into the bag. Use a carrier bag or something inside to help keep things dry. I have not used the waterproof cover yet but my one is not very clear and I cannot see how I would be able to read a map through it. However, I bought mine 2nd hand so maybe it has just discoloured. I used the tank bag and tail pack Wopper for a weekend away and there was loads of room to spare between them.
No longer a motorcycle owner.

Nick

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:33 pm

Get a ventura system they are great :D
Train don't go down there no more

Rods

Postby Rods » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:56 pm

been using my baglux bag for 3 years now on differing bikes for work and holiday. brilliant.
Another brilyunt mind diztroyed

by the publik edukashun sistum.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: Baglux tank cover etc - any good?

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:13 pm

woofboxer wrote:I don't want to put the panniers on because of the width factor in the traffic.

WB,

You want some city lids, you do. They are thinner lids that fit onto the panniers, greatly reducing the risk of belting traffic as you pass.

HTH

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:36 pm

Rods wrote: work

Red wine/keyboard interface. :lol: :lol:

Rods

Postby Rods » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:26 pm

Gromit wrote:
Rods wrote: work

Red wine/keyboard interface. :lol: :lol:

Well I was there on Friday, Saturday (ok - so propping up the bar in the Bell Tavern in Harrogate may not count, but it was duty :D ), and today (again body not mind!). Have a great time tomorrow - sure you will :roll:
Another brilyunt mind diztroyed

by the publik edukashun sistum.

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:35 pm

andrew s wrote:The bag is very easy to take on and off, the tank cover is very hard wearing on the outside and protective of the tank on the underside.

I eat my 5 a day.

Andrew, sod the baglux stuff, love the avatar :D :D
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:29 pm

Nu2beemers wrote:
andrew s wrote:The bag is very easy to take on and off, the tank cover is very hard wearing on the outside and protective of the tank on the underside.

I eat my 5 a day.

Andrew, sod the baglux stuff, love the avatar :D :D

I have it on good authority that it's Keeley Hazell.

Return to “Boxerbanter”