Ventura Rack

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

winger

Ventura Rack

Postby winger » Sun May 20, 2007 8:41 pm

Anyone ever broken one,with the amount of kit that we had on the other week it was certainley doing it's fair share of wobbling,amazed fatigue didn't get to it.

BMW-Fahrer

Postby BMW-Fahrer » Mon May 21, 2007 10:20 pm

I load mine up regularly and it wobbles a bit but nothing broken so far...
Nice rack... :wink:

boxerscott

ventura

Postby boxerscott » Tue May 29, 2007 7:48 am

Be extra carefull with throttle when travelling with pillion and tailbag loaded. I wasnt and we had an off exiting a roundabout enthusiastically, Bertie big bollocks moment i know but the wheelie was unintentional I tried to blame the 2 litre value bottles of body conditioner, shampoo, moisturiser and looby loo that pillion had packed for our holiday, anyway ventura stood up well to off although probably not waterproof, scuffed paintwork and ground down the locknuts a little but it is still good Kit. Dont mention me bike or 2 Knackered streetguard suits. Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Wed May 30, 2007 7:12 am

Yes :oops:

It has done a LOT of miles, but the left hand upper bracket of the bars broke clean through eventually - went in the middle of the 1" plate that runs from the top bolt to the bar.

Jason
2002 Black GSA (for random fault analysis and for stealing all my weekends fixing the b'stard)
2000 Black R1100S (for remembering the good old times)

Return to “Boxerbanter”