R100 yoke

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Corvus

R100 yoke

Postby Corvus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:34 pm

I could have sworn that I saw someone selling a stainless steel top yoke for the old airheads?

I could have dreamt it.

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Could have been a home grown as its only flat plate with holes, albeit drilled with some accuracy.
kernow,the last bit

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 am

cornishflat wrote:Could have been a home grown as its only flat plate with holes, albeit drilled with some accuracy.

Have files and hacksaw, but it's the accuracy bit that worries me. Hee Hee. If I was going to pay for a special I think I'd try and design one in ally. Not sure how though, given the way the fork tops attach. Then you get to thinking, if I go special, why not go the whole hog and put some top quality forks in there? Then you think, well I'd lose that ethos of simplicity and the challenge of riding it swiftly, so maybe not. Food for thought for another day.

I got a good quality stainless yoke centre top nut from shaw, but he doesn't seem to do the fork top nuts? I've seen some on flatracer, albeit with a preload adjuster, which I'm not bothered about. I thought of maybe buying those and trimming the preload adjuster down as they look llike they might foul the handlebar I'm using (renthal ultra low). Or maybe take them out and simply use the hole as a filler plug, with a stainless plug.

Bruno

Postby Bruno » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:05 pm

I got a stainless top yoke for an R100 from Motorworks a couple of years ago.
I've also used a SJ Ultimate Source billet yoke. If the bike isn't RS or RT, you have to shorten the headlamp mount- fork shrouds to make space.

Mk
Why do cheap bikes never end up that way?

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Bruno wrote:I got a stainless top yoke for an R100 from Motorworks a couple of years ago.
I've also used a SJ Ultimate Source billet yoke. If the bike isn't RS or RT, you have to shorten the headlamp mount- fork shrouds to make space.

Mk

Thanks for that. At least I didn't dream it. Re billet jobby, I don't have std arrangement. Bike was RT in a past life, bless it. Has xt500 headlamp on now.

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Corvus wrote:
Bruno wrote:I got a stainless top yoke for an R100 from Motorworks a couple of years ago.

Mk

Thanks for that. At least I didn't dream it. Re billet jobby, I don't have std arrangement. Bike was RT in a past life, bless it. Has xt500 headlamp on now.

Sounds good. What are you aiming at any pics, info. I love the airheads, so adaptable.
kernow,the last bit

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:56 am

cornishflat wrote:
Corvus wrote:

Mk

Sounds good. What are you aiming at any pics, info. I love the airheads, so adaptable.

I don't know how to upload (right word?) from i pad. Don't expect too much. Think more blitz than Roland sands. There are a couple of things I'm proud of, made in my trusty vice.

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:15 am

Blitz are great, made for riding straight from the shed good website too. This Kevil type stuff is all well and good if buyers want to throw £6 - £8 grand at it, I,d rather see a shed special with home made efforts any day and it does make for a proud owner.
kernow,the last bit

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:48 pm

cornishflat wrote:Blitz are great, made for riding straight from the shed good website too. This Kevil type stuff is all well and good if buyers want to throw £6 - £8 grand at it, I,d rather see a shed special with home made efforts any day and it does make for a proud owner.

Yeah agreed. I've done 6k miles on it so far since April last year. The bike now has 92k on the clock. A couple of weeks ago two of us did a 900mile trip to Scottish Borders using B roads or less. It was really enjoyable and fun. We got a serious dousing but it didn't dampen the fun.

Return to “Boxerbanter”