More Mallory trackday- a dash for the bus stop!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

More Mallory trackday- a dash for the bus stop!

Postby boxerscott » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:34 pm

Boxer Bolloxed :oops: Have mirth on me gentlemen :wink: be my guest and veiw piccys on www.performance-art.co.uk click on motorsport, galleries, Mallory park trackdays. 31st July int group 4th session I think.

No one was hurt and bike was ok for rest of day until battery warning light came on! fairings off, battery checked and tested for voltage nothing untoward was found that i could check with limited resources (and enthusiasm) I was hoping that it was just a glitch :? and perhaps just maybe i could get the 255 miles home.

So off i toddle (with no breakdown cover) pondering the lows of biking and the identity of the binman who left so much room at the hairpin that a boxer could pass through when I notice that the bike is farting more irregular and that I am cruising along at a steady zero mph (indicated) at zero rpm (indicated) a ha! at least the battery warning light was out ....and not to my suprise so was everything else. I pulled in to a handy layby on the A511 adjacent a derilict nightclub of sorts, the grounds inhabited by a load of pikeys with their sofas out enjoying the summer tanking up on white magic. Just frikkin brilliant ...maybe they will look after my bike?

I actually did find somebody, a really good samaritan, spokeswoman of the local crimewatch group she informs who attends important meetings at police HQ. My faith in human nature restored deeply indebted to Mrs. S my bike safe and secure awaits collection from hers.

I hope this story has touched your hearts and this kindred spirit could be expanded upon by way of somebody advising me of some other samaritan living adjacent the A1 and M1 between Newcastle and Leics who would be willing to hire me or better still lend (against a deposit) a single bike trailer to enable me to get my bike over to my daughters in Nottingham so I can get it ship shape for another bruising at the ring later this month. By the way gentlemen be very aware of binmen on bikes heading for the bus stop.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:40 pm

Same thing happened to me once ....

.... check the dynamo belt (it's behind the front engine cover). Mine was totally worn after +40.000 miles (dealer forgot to replace it at 40.000 mls service), and was totally shredded. If I'd thought of that when I was stranded along the German autobahn, I would have used whatever available (nylon stocking?) to make a temp repair.

Can't help you out on the bike recovery part though....

HJ

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:20 am

Sorry to hear about (and see) your indescretion at the Mallory hairpin. From memory there is a huge step in track just before the HP which plays havoc with the ABS :shock: as you desparately trying to knock off speed, which is made even worse when confronted by the vertical concrete paving slabs used to line the outside of the HP (whatever happened to runoff areas, sand traps, etc). By the way, the photos are actually in the 3rd session rather than the 4th.

Ohhhhh...... that carbon engine covers gonna cost :shock:
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

boxerscott

More Mallory trackday

Postby boxerscott » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:18 pm

Tell me about it, its not the first and probably will not be the last at least i now have a pair of knackered carbon headguards i can swap for trackdays. oh and i am fixed up with trailer. Incidentally I split a wisdom tooth in the off ... ironic and painfull.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”