Brno MotoGP

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stoney

Brno MotoGP

Postby stoney » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:16 pm

Flying out tomorrow with the missus - can't wait to see Stoner wrap the season up on Sunday!

I'll post some new pics next week! Here's one from last year!
Check out the state of their front tyres!

Capirossi won it last year, on a Brigestone shod Ducati! It was a bit of a walkover so hopefully there'll be more of fight this year - whatever its a great track with great views. Anyone got any tips how to blag your way in to the pitlane without paying through the nose?
Andy

winger

Postby winger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:59 pm

My mate on his VFR rode out there a couple of weeks ago,German GP,couple of days in Prague then down to Bruno all on his own,he's 70!!!!

stoney

Postby stoney » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:22 pm

winger wrote:My mate on his VFR rode out there a couple of weeks ago,German GP,couple of days in Prague then down to Bruno all on his own,he's 70!!!!

70...too much time on his hands!
Andy

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:39 pm

winger wrote:My mate on his VFR rode out there a couple of weeks ago,German GP,couple of days in Prague then down to Bruno all on his own,he's 70!!!!

You better get that K12s soon or you'll never keep up with Roger on his new VFR1000 that's on order !
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

winger

Postby winger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:08 pm

stoney wrote:

70...too much time on his hands!

More like to much money!!

The K1200,VFR thing has already been said,i phoned him yesterday to make sure he'd ordered the new 1000.

stoney

Postby stoney » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:59 am

What is this about a VFR1000? Is it official? Where is there info on it?
Andy

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:14 am

'Twas in this weeks comic!

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

f90x

Postby f90x » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:49 pm

You know, If it wasn't for the v-tec (which I love in my car Incidentally) and the stoopid linked brakes, a VFR would have been a real alternative to my 'S' I really gelled with the 'S' last Sunday. Had a great ride and I'm now 600 miles into ownership.

boxerscott

Blagging on to pit lane

Postby boxerscott » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:40 pm

You could act a little bit camp and tell them your one of "Vales special friends" "Titter ye not" is he then??
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:47 am

f90x wrote:You know, If it wasn't for the v-tec (which I love in my car Incidentally) and the stoopid linked brakes, a VFR would have been a real alternative to my 'S' I really gelled with the 'S' last Sunday. Had a great ride and I'm now 600 miles into ownership.

That's the problem with Honda - they have the knack of producing some engineering marvels yet f*ck a bike up by trying to over-complicate things. V-tec is a good case in point - it's a cure to a problem that wasn't there, and doesn't cure it anyway, the end resultit makes a good bike worse. As I and others have been saying for years; all they needed to do was punch the motor out to 900-1000cc or so, lose the silly valve system and go back to gear-driven cams.

Linked brakes? I was a total cynic where these were concerned but now, having got used to them (in fact I hardly noticed them to start with) they're brilliant. Totally fuss-free braking - don't even bother using the 'rear' brake pedal, no need to, so well balanced the brakes are by just using the 'front'.

A VFR1000 is quite an exciting prospect - all it needs is the V-tec junking, the geared cams re-inserting, and belt drive. Oh...and can we have the RC30/45 firing pattern too so it doesn't sound like a CB500 with a duff plug lead?

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:08 am

No offense gromit, but over-engineering to the point of fixing problems that aren't really there pretty much describes BMW too. :)
Gijs

BMW R1100S | homepage | gallery
BMW K1200S 'tri-color ICBM' | ABS/ESA

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:34 am

throttlemeister wrote:No offense gromit, but over-engineering to the point of fixing problems that aren't really there pretty much describes BMW too. :)

Now there's the truth!! :)

winger

Postby winger » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:26 am

Big H's problem has beening marketing,other manafactures have have gone to bigger motors,H couldn't do that as it would have taken it too close to the Blackturd,hence the V-tec crap,sales have taken such a hammering they've had to do summat,so i guess after the VFR the'll be a big banger to replace the other heap of junk.

Linked brakes!! not even worth takeing space up on this board talking about e'm.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:41 am

winger wrote: Blackturd

Well I like it. 10000 miles in 6 months on mine now and it's not put a foot wrong (apart from when the reg/rec died). Anyway....what would I know. :roll:

Also find the linked brakes are no problem whatsoever...don't even notice they're there to be honest.

;)

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:40 pm

Gear driven cams are far too expensive - now that the early VFour dramas have faded into the mists of time :roll:
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear

bright until you hear them speak.

Return to “Boxerbanter”