Nurburgring

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Nurburgring

Postby boxerscott » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:54 pm

Hi just arrived back from Germany via P+O Zebrugge-Hull after spending 3 nights at Nurburg. Track was closed Sat. evening when I arrived and on Sunday it was closed more than it was open, again due to incidents, managed one of the eight laps i bought and to be honest I could not remember a thing about it but the spectating was amusing. Monday evening was glorious all the crack pots bar me had gone home or so i was hoping for. Took my wife round on sighting lap, start finish straight a Lambo (180k worth of motor) screams past us with bertie big bxllxcks at the wheel and guess what? he binned it at the first bend :lol: absolutely smashed up all the front into Armco (which he has to pay for!!) fortunately the track was not affected and i managed the remaining 6 laps. Far too many things to tell (American guys lapping in a hertz focus rental car!!) I believe I have seen the worst of, and the best of the ring what a totally brilliant riding experience... I will be back but not for the public free for all, believe me, you could end up severely out of pocket.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

stoney

Postby stoney » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:46 pm

Yeah - cheers for that - I'm off next Thursday :roll:

Second time there - first time on an R1200s! Can't wait :twisted:
Andy

Lars1974

Postby Lars1974 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi man,

i just got back on Monday too from the ring.
i arrived there with my wifein the afternoon, got only one lap done at 6pm ish...the track was covered in oel and was closed shortly after we went on. i took it very easy round...you may have seen me if you were watching- Red R1100s two up!

i found out later that evening that one of the riders died who crashed in the morning, but the overturned yelllow BMW M3 guys were OK. Did you see that crash???

anyway, i would onlygo back onto the ring if its a bikes only session. too many crazy car drivers!!!

anyway, we rode back to Calais on Monday...nice ride ( a bit boring through Belgium)

Anyway, at least both of us survived the ring without incident!!!

Have fun!
Rubber side down!
Lars

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:30 pm

Oh dear :shock: ......I'm also off a week on Saturday (subject to my mate gettin his Viffa sorted :roll:) Not sure I'm looking forward to the Ring as much as I was now though :shock:

Didn't realise there was quite so much carnage going on :? .
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:34 pm

I was there earlier this year on a Friday - think it was May (in a car) and it was really quiet according to the regulars. One crash - a bike hit another bike and both riders seemed ok.

We had a hoot, but I imagine a packed day being a nightmare as you really do get allsorts. We passed the obligatory coach full of blue rinse grannies, a couple of english blokes in a blue transit, retired couple on a leisurely cruise round in an old Merc SL and quite a few uk bikers.

It had a great atmosphere and the three cars that went all came back in one piece. Cracking day.

Tempted to go back some time but not with the S..

Ade
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

stoney

Postby stoney » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:01 pm

Nu2beemers wrote:Oh dear :shock: ......I'm also off a week on Saturday (subject to my mate gettin his Viffa sorted :roll:) Not sure I'm looking forward to the Ring as much as I was now though :shock:

Didn't realise there was quite so much carnage going on :? .

See you there! I'm there 7th/8th September too.

Have we already had this conversation?
Andy

boxerscott

Nurburgring did you see that crash?

Postby boxerscott » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:22 am

My mate saw it happen said he was all out of shape coming down , managed to get round the bottom right hander hit the rumble strip and then launch over the armco into the wood vale 20 - 30 ft drop he reckons upside down, he firmly believes that it would have been a miracle to walk away from that. I saw what was left of the car on the trailer at least he wont have to pay for armco repairs :lol: Our hosts for the weekend said that Sunday was an abnormal day, like us they have had poor weather all season and that the sunshine brought everyone out. Tips, do not run out of petrol on track they will cane you if it has to be recovered (i did last two laps with fuel warning light on just to add to excitement) Knock a couple of psi out of front tyre (better feel for front) There is a filling station less than 1.5km away on 258 where you can pump em up again before your journey home.On entry to UK at Hull they have tightened up port security we had to remove helmets at Passport control so dont put em on till you have gone through. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did,

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:26 pm

Went in July, 14th, 15th and 27th on the GS
Had a complete hoot, but there are stacks of crashes. Saw three in one lap and one of them was a very serious bike crash.

Spent a few laps just touring round before trying to go a bit quicker, but it's pretty important to be on the mirrors almost as much as looking forward! Sold the GS on Monday and fully intend to go back on the 12s or even this Benelli thing

Good luck Stoney
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

boxerscott

Nurburgring bennelli thing

Postby boxerscott » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Youll be taking a bike trailer with you then?
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Boxerbanter”