Kin great weekend in spite of weather.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Kin great weekend in spite of weather.

Postby boxerscott » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 pm

Another 500 miles knocked up this weekend, from Jedburgh up to Fort William (Friday pm) via Knockhill, Gleneagles, Crieff, lochearnhead, Crianlarich, Tyndum and The Mighty Glencoe all in fantastic clear skies!!. Saturday was different though absolutely pisshed doon from dawn till dusk as we ploughed on up the A87 (corker of a road coming down to and along Loch Duich) up and over to the Applecross Inn for Lunch and respite from Scotch Mist /Fog/Pea soup/ Blinding rain, gale force winds and more rain. Braved the pass again (could see where I was going this time as i put my pinlock anti mist visor in) and we blatted over to Skye and on to Portree to our Hotel. Skye looked more like Jurassic Park, (what we saw of it) The bike gets better every mile i rack up on it, the Michelins Pilot powers ace in the wet despite some sporty cornering with missus as pillion and still had the confidence in the handling to pass any bike making lesser progress. Took much the same route back to Jed but avoided Forth Bridge and came down to M9 from Calender. Anyone wanting do Scottish Highlands via Borders and wants this route in more detail send me a pm. You will not be dis-appointed. What a brilliant weekend we had!
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

BlueBoxer

Postby BlueBoxer » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:09 pm

Boxerscott,

We stayed in the Jedforest Hotel last weekend. Saturday was fine. It rained 12-1 pm whilst we has lunch in St Abbs, but the rest of the day was fine. Sunday was wet :!: GPS took me straight south past Keilder water, after that the visibility was poor, and the wind was strong, so we picked up the motorway around Penrith, and plodded home.

I'll drop you a PM next time we're planning to be up that way.

Steve
FJR1300
R1100S

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:48 am

I looked at the forecast for the west coast last Friday, and decided to head south instead.............

Went in a loop to Carstairs, Sanquhar, Moffat, St Mary's loch (bacon/egg rolls....... YUM!), Selkirk, Kelso, Duns, and home again..............210 miles and not a sign of rain.

Great run, on some roads I'd never travelled before :D

I think the route was as below..............

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “Boxerbanter”