Hi ! New Member signing on.....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

DJ

Hi ! New Member signing on.....

Postby DJ » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:50 pm

Just bought a "Colgate" R1200s. Quirky but briilliant. Love it! This site is excellent and helped me decide to buy the bike. Thanks guys. Like many members my I'm now determined to track down the elusive double-bubble screen ( I like challenge....). Oh, forgot to say I'm from Leamington Spa (Warwickshire). Cheers!
DJ

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:55 pm

Welcome DJ,

Enjoy your new bike and participating in the site. Is this your first BMW boxer?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

DJ

Postby DJ » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:06 pm

Cheers Paul,
Yep its my first, and soooo different to my previous ZX12r and Triumph Daytona !!!
DJ

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 am

Welcome to the site, DJ............... :D

Best standard colour scheme for the 12s - for sure (ducks for cover) :D

I guess it was the Daytona 955 you had?

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

kitkat

Postby kitkat » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:30 am

Hi DJ,

Great choice of bike you have made :lol: and you will be amazed at how many people will come up and coment (nicely) on it!

Down in Chippenham myself but often ride out in the Cotswolds or up & down the Foss Way so maybe meet up sometime

Dave
Don't waste your time or time will waste you.

winger

Postby winger » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:37 pm

DJ wrote:Cheers Paul,
Yep its my first, and soooo different to my previous ZX12r and Triumph Daytona !!!

Not that different!! a little bird tells me you didn't pay to much this one either!!!

Welcome to the board!!!!

DJ

Postby DJ » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm

Thnks for the reponses all. Dave, the Fosse is often my 'default' ride so no doubt see you sometime next year when the weather is better. Al, yes it was a 955...still got it. Great bike,especially for trips abroad. And cheers Winger.

DJ
DJ

winger

Postby winger » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:14 pm

DJ??? you've called me lots of things over the last 35 years but never Winger!!!

gus

Postby gus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Dj
Can we have a list of the things you,ve called winger over the years,I bet one starts with a C..............
:wink: :lol:
gus

winger

Postby winger » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:17 am

And the second word begins with 'Y'!!!!and i'm just very impressed with how much he paid for it!!!

DJ

Postby DJ » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Good evening Mr. Yam....sensed it was you the other day!!! Might have known Driver would have grassed me up etc. So this is the site you were going on about...(Thinks..."I must not get sucked into this").

Cheers,
Dunc.
DJ

winger

Postby winger » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi Dunc

When i saw the post Leamington,then the bikes,thought blimey what the hells he doing with one of these, with company he keeps!!!,your man with the trick R1 is horrified!!,but i'm impressed with the price phewww.

It's the right board alright,the guys with 1200's will have most of the answers,speak to Phil and we'll come over to the C/Horses,and we'll talk BMW's,who'd have ever thought it!!!.

Chris

DJ

Postby DJ » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi Chris,

As you can imagine 'the boys' are being very understanding about me buying a Bee-m (Yeah ...right etc). I genuinely expect a pipe and slipper set for Christmas. For the last group trip abroad I put some padding on the seat on my Daytona. When I came down for breafast on day 2 (in the Ardenne area) it was covered in professional 'Preparation X' and similar piles logos and stickers!

Cheers,
Dunc.
DJ

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi DJ welcome to the freindly zone.. so how little did you pay for it?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

DJ

Postby DJ » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi Scot (?),
Let's just say I am a happy man! I'm looking forward to gaining a few tips, and sources for bits, on this site, for what appears to be quite a rare bike...that might even be droppped so soon from their range.

Cheers
Dunc.
DJ

Return to “Boxerbanter”