anyone owned an 1100GS?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

nab 301

Re: Anyone owned a R1100GS

Postby nab 301 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:43 pm

boxerscott wrote:Hi guys. Mrs Boxerscott here (Amanda ) Sorry to Just to put the record straight my bum will not look big on that seat!! I am a weeny size 10 aerobic instructor and he is a dead man!!

Photographic evidence obviously needed :lol:

Nigel B

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

winger

Re: anyone owned an R1100gs

Postby winger » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:28 pm

boxerscott wrote:Cheers Gentlemen R1100gs it is then although i have pondered an africa twin, (Winger) Varadero and saw recently an R100gs Paris Dakar wi loads a bling on it. I am looking at two next Sat one in Wakefield and the other in Chesire The cheaper one has less miles (30k) a 97 but has had more owners the excellent one has had only two owners and has 45k ont clock (a 95) nice colour scheme as well black with yellow seat. (wont see much of that then when our lass is on it) :roll:

Shock horror!!!,just to show it's not only BMW that drop bollocks,Africa Twin to Varadero is another one of the great clangers,haveing had 2 Africa's i waited for the 1000cc version when it arrived,saw it and a bought a Tiger!!,what sets it apart(Africa) from all other big traillies is the 21" front,and one of those useless pieces of info the Americans never had it!!,my only complaint,got breathless at over 100

FLASH

Re: anyone owned an R1100gs

Postby FLASH » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:41 pm

boxerscott wrote:Cheers Gentlemen R1100gs it is then although i have pondered an africa twin, (Winger) Varadero and saw recently an R100gs Paris Dakar wi loads a bling on it. I am looking at two next Sat one in Wakefield and the other in Chesire The cheaper one has less miles (30k) a 97 but has had more owners the excellent one has had only two owners and has 45k ont clock (a 95) nice colour scheme as well black with yellow seat. (wont see much of that then when our lass is on it) :roll:

Make sure that it's had the gearbox mods. That's about it. The rest should be bulletproof. Have fun! Come down here and I'll critique it for you :)
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

rc

gs

Postby rc » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:39 am

hi
did use a gs1150 for three winters in the rain and crap only, painted it with waxoyl and heavy gear oil , no issues with it at all ,loved the bike just needed to be more powerful . in another way maybe that's good for the winter . done 1200 miles on it .didn't even clean it for 3 years . when i did clean it ,no rust . the only thing i did not like was the weight of it and it was to tall ,stumbled a few times with it .scary moments. these things are built for 6ft plus people and 15 stone . traded it in for a ktm sm 950 . really wish that i could of kept it as well . :o
JUST BECAUSE YOUR BREATHING DOESN'T MEAN YOUR NOT DEAD

boxerscott

anyone owned an R1100gs.

Postby boxerscott » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Hey Flash, down your way next Sep. Touring with a group of friends they are off over to Corsica for 5 nights (bollox to beach holidays) Amanda and i are heading down to Sorrento -usual stuff that women like, 2nd World War battle sites, pondering the Golden Age of Facism, ancient ruins, cheap pensions (accomodation that is) and long days in the saddle where i get us totally lost and in to all kinds of scrapes. Were doing that Route Nelson job and leaving them at Nice then picking them up at Pisa on the way back. So if youre not to far off and around we will look you up.
Kind regards Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

FLASH

Re: anyone owned an R1100gs.

Postby FLASH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:58 pm

boxerscott wrote:Hey Flash, down your way next Sep. Touring with a group of friends they are off over to Corsica for 5 nights (bollox to beach holidays) Amanda and i are heading down to Sorrento -usual stuff that women like, 2nd World War battle sites, pondering the Golden Age of Facism, ancient ruins, cheap pensions (accomodation that is) and long days in the saddle where i get us totally lost and in to all kinds of scrapes. Were doing that Route Nelson job and leaving them at Nice then picking them up at Pisa on the way back. So if youre not to far off and around we will look you up.
Kind regards Chris.

Route NAPOLEON, Route NAPOLEON!!!!! You'll have me shot! :) m'afraid we're a tidy schlep from the Rhone valley (that's "Rhone", not "Rhondda") me ol' mucker. A good 6 hours away. Looks like you'll just have to bite the bullet and come down here another time, special like.

Check out the site. We can squeeze you in somewhere AND give you a cuppa

:)
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

boxerscott

anyone owned an r1100gs

Postby boxerscott » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:12 am

Mon ami... -sardonique. Route Nelson we go riding in a whippin and a whoppin.. :lol: but my Geography is crap i thought you were not that far off that corner anyway thanks for reply but it is possible Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

boxerscott

Anyone owned an R1100GS

Postby boxerscott » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:51 pm

Well Gentlemen the Deal has been done. I am now feeling pretty pleased with myself aquiring a low cost veritable steed for our touring needs. I bought the 95 Model (2 prev. owners) in Black with ABS,HG, Panniers,Top Box from a Gentleman in Chesire. It is a fine example and i am looking forward to a trip i have organized for Sagalouts up to Oban and Gairloch in April. Thanks for your valued input to my post.
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Boxerbanter”