Thinking Of Leaving The Fold

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:22 pm

winger wrote:
My other half nows what it's like to sit on a bike for 16 hours,cuz sometimes thats whats involved,my other half says it crap,it's crap :wink:,if your rideing one up there are loads of bikes out that get the job done.

Well obviously all the folk who own Blackbirds who do real mileage (ie 30k+ a year) much of it with passengers don't know why they chose their bike then. Live with it Chris ;) not everyone shares your same priorities/ergonomic make-up - one man's (and his pillion) meat is another's poison.

I'd never say the BB ticks every box, far from it, but for me and what I/we use it for it's pretty damn good thanks. :)

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:16 am

We never did huge miles on the Blackbird two-up but we did a stint from Lands end back here in a day and it was really good. I did about 35k miles on it and had 750 mile days which it ate easily.

We had a flip screen which may have helped, but it was really good to be honest.

Im leaving teh 1200 bog standard though and the screen definitely made a difference on te other
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Stu

Postby Stu » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:42 am

I'm also thinking of a change, had the the 11s for almost 3 years now. I was looking at a GS but was offerd such a poor part ex on the 11s cos the mileage is to high (27,000) and the GS is so expensive that i thought i would look elsewhere. I'm trying to arrange a test ride on a 1250 Bandit for the weekend.

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:17 am

Gromit wrote:
winger wrote:
My other half nows what it's like to sit on a bike for 16 hours,cuz sometimes thats whats involved,my other half says it crap,it's crap :wink:,if your rideing one up there are loads of bikes out that get the job done.

Well obviously all the folk who own Blackbirds who do real mileage (ie 30k+ a year) much of it with passengers don't know why they chose their bike then. Live with it Chris ;) not everyone shares your same priorities/ergonomic make-up - one man's (and his pillion) meat is another's poison.

I'd never say the BB ticks every box, far from it, but for me and what I/we use it for it's pretty damn good thanks. :)

My other half was perfectly happy on the S, but then again she didn't get a say in the matter :wink:
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

winger

Postby winger » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:22 am

Gromit wrote:
winger wrote:

Rich mate my other half stated an opinion backed up by me,thats how we buy our bikes!!!,as i remember last time you did a decent trip your other half went on the plane :wink:

winger

Postby winger » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:23 am

My other half was perfectly happy on the S, but then again she didn't get a say in the matter :wink:[/quote]

So is mine thats why i keep it :wink:

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 pm

winger wrote:
Rich mate my other half stated an opinion backed up by me,thats how we buy our bikes!!!,as i remember last time you did a decent trip your other half went on the plane :wink:

You're entitled to your opinion Chris, and obviously for you guys the BB wasn't for you. Don't see any problem with that - but don't imagine that for some other people that it may in fact be a very good choice of machine.

As to the last 'decent' trip I went on? I can assure you I've been on loads since, I just don't shout about them - and as for Ann flying down? Wtf's that got to do with it? At the time I'd got an 11S....perhaps if I'd had the BB she'd have come with me ;)

Anyway...I like it so ner ni ner ner to you :P :P ;)

(and for 1900 quid I can't complain) :)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:57 pm

Blackbird, Bluebird, Yellowbird, it dont matter it all depends on how fat your other halfs butt is and on how short their legs are. But tell em they look great on it and buy with your head (as Winger said... it makes sense) :roll:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

JoeC

Postby JoeC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Started to put the selling of the bikes in motion - see Bits n Bobs For Sale.

Have also put the Fazer onto Gumtree and will put the 11S on there in a few weeks times. Have put the 11S on the BT forum first with extras added. If it goes onto Gumtree or to a dealer then I will take some of them off i.e. centre stand, Baglux, Y peice. Any thoughts on this apart from will I be selling them to you lot.
No longer a motorcycle owner.

Bender

Postby Bender » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:47 pm

JoeC wrote:Started to put the selling of the bikes in motion - see Bits n Bobs For Sale.

Have also put the Fazer onto Gumtree and will put the 11S on there in a few weeks times. Have put the 11S on the BT forum first with extras added. If it goes onto Gumtree or to a dealer then I will take some of them off i.e. centre stand, Baglux, Y peice. Any thoughts on this apart from will I be selling them to you lot.
Hi Joe,

Sorry you're selling the S before we even got to go for a ride, but no doubt you'll be sticking around whatever you get?

It's a shame your bike wasn't for sale last summer! I'd have had it for that price!
2011 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback - yeah, I know. I've always wanted one though...

Return to “Boxerbanter”