What ever happened to...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Man-of-Mystery

What ever happened to...

Postby Man-of-Mystery » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:01 pm

1. the BMW Moto GP racer that was supposed to be out for the 2006 season?

2. the PowerCup.

(Sorry... I have been out of the loop for a while, but borrowing a K1200R reminded me of these issues.)

M-o-M
07 R1200S

Love your enemies - it'll drive the bastards crazy!

boxerscott

Whatever happened to?

Postby boxerscott » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:15 pm

Dunno really i think i saw the power cup trophy on sale in ebay but it did not get any bids as for the 2006 Gp bike they are still waiting to see if mcwilliams brittle bone disease is going to go into remission afore they role it out for more testing. :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Man-of-Mystery

Re: Whatever happened to?

Postby Man-of-Mystery » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:02 am

boxerscott wrote:Dunno really i think i saw the power cup trophy on sale in ebay but it did not get any bids as for the 2006 Gp bike they are still waiting to see if mcwilliams brittle bone disease is going to go into remission afore they role it out for more testing. :wink:

... but seriously? :D

M-o-M
07 R1200S

stoney

Postby stoney » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:56 am

MCN keep reporting that BMW have sacked the MotoGP idea and are working on a 1000cc four that will run in WSB next year. A few weeks back they were testing the motor in an R6 frame/shell so its pretty compact.

Personally I'd love to see a new Boxercup series supporting MotoGP using the HP2 but I'm pretty sure that is highly unlikely. It might make MotoGP more watchable if it ends up being the procession is was last year again.
Andy

Man-of-Mystery

Postby Man-of-Mystery » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks for the info, Stoney.

M-o-M
07 R1200S

boxerscott

Whatever happened to?

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Yep OK that was a total lie, but i agree with stoney the Boxer Cup did capture peoples imagination and as a result i bought one. The Boxer cup was affordable racing for the guys competing and fun to watch. The Power Cup did not get a British entry (i think?) perhaps the cost put people off . I am not sure as to the popularity of the naked K1200. I think BMW thought that WSB racing would offer better returns for them in the short term and who knows if it goes well Moto GP may be the next step? Be interested to know what the bike is going to be and what the road bike will cost ...( must be a VHP model then)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”