Scummer on Ebay

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Scummer on Ebay

Postby boxerscott » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:06 am

Just a warning (as if you didnt know) about an event that happened to me. Someone borrowed my ebay identity (managed to change my account email registration address :o ) to flog a BMW coupe, first I knew of it was when my bank account was relieved of ebays sellers fee :(, So then, active ebayers always check on "the items your selling" even if your not selling anything . Problem is reporting it to ebay as they do not recognize my proper e.address and i dare not submit my complaint using the current hacked e.address in case it triggers further problems :evil: Needless to say I have put the matter in dispute with my bank. So someone out there is flogging stolen cars and getting away with the sellers fee! nice work if you can get it :lol: and the bad side is that Ebay have not resolved this issue after 3 email exchanges and 6 days... Hey Ho.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

leasky

Postby leasky » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:28 pm

Sorry to hear of your troubles there Scott.

I have a direct phone number for Flea - Bay if you are wanting to call the buggers and give them hell on a one to one basis.

Clare is a bit of a closet E- Bayer and as such has managed to get the number.

Drop me a line if you need the contact.
Leasky

boxerscott

scummer on ebay

Postby boxerscott » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:26 am

Matter is now sort of resolved. My password was not secure enough to prevent hacking, so I made it easy for a devient, anyway after several emails ebay credited my ebay account (not my bank account) :x so another email to request a refund which they say can take up to 60 days before the money is put back where it belongs :shock: Money for nothing or what? TWATS.

Thanks for your help leasky ill save that info for next time :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Cobbster

Postby Cobbster » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Boxer,
I had a non-paying tw*t last year. Ebay did next to nothing to help and I'm still waiting for my insersion/selling fee's that they promised to repay. Fact is ebay is run entirely on trust and when it goes wrong they want very little to do with it.

That number you have Leasky is gold dust mate. I found ebay very difficult to contact on a personal level, in fact I never got through!!! :(

Cheers, Cobbster
Mick Jagger : "These aren't wrinkles, there laughter lines mate". George Melly : " Nothings that funny!!!!".

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:12 am

Cobbster wrote:I had a non-paying tw*t last year. Ebay did next to nothing to help and I'm still waiting for my insersion/selling fee's that they promised to repay. Fact is ebay is run entirely on trust and when it goes wrong they want very little to do with it.

I have had a number of non payers over the past few years and in all cases the procedures worked perfectly and I received all the selling fee refunds and got all the free reinsertions.

To redress the balance for eBay. When there were a couple of sc*mbags who were pirating cheap plastic versions of the Ilmberger huggers a couple of years ago we approached eBay via their online procedures. Once they were given all the details including the safety ramifications, they (eBay) pulled the ads within 45 minutes!

It is an Auction.

As in all auctions the rights of anybody (both sellers AND buyers) are absolutely minimal. Oh - with the exception of the auction itself who run a "heads we win, tails you lose" system.

sandbar

Return to “Boxerbanter”