Refuseniks

Please see description in 'sticky'

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Thu May 05, 2016 10:32 am

Nucci wrote:
I worked in a camera store which did developments as a teenager and I was the lackey who had to empty all the various tanks with used developer etc. some of that stuff was nasty - digital is a lot cleaner that's for sure!

:) I can relate to that, I`am a Film Technician by trade, we used to fast process 16mm reversal for news teams, the sewers of Birmingham are lined in silver.. :lol:

Nucci

Postby Nucci » Thu May 05, 2016 10:38 am

Haha.. We had special processing/collection reservoirs so (I think!) nothing made its ways into the sewers thankfully. However, even with the mask I had to wear some of those fumes when emptying the tanks made me feel a bit... funny shall we say :shock:

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu May 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Nucci wrote:Great article, I've still got my 35mm SLR (Ricoh KR-5) but can't see myself ever using it again. I'm sure I've got some rolls of Ilford XP2 packed in a box somewhere!

I worked in a camera store which did developments as a teenager and I was the lackey who had to empty all the various tanks with used developer etc. some of that stuff was nasty - digital is a lot cleaner that's for sure!

I had a KR10 after I sold my Pentax ME Super - loved the Pentax hated the Ricoh. Would have liked something more exotic but could never afford it!! Now I'd rather spend any surplus on bikes!!

Remember my first enlarger was a Gnome Beta that I'd borrowed, then a cheap eastern European jobbie with acetate filters for colour. Now I've got a Durst with dial in filters and no time to use it!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Photographer's Corner”