RAM Mount for fork leg

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 am

Here's my conundrum. There is so much excellent help stashed on this site from previous years that I really am unsure as to the etiquette (or the spelling of that) on how to thank y'all for when I find the solution to any particular problem/query. (Excellent search tool by the way ....)

Anyway, Bob is still making the Telferizer to order for the R1100S and what a gent. He happened to making some stuff and knocked one out for me, posted and it and told me "Pay me if you're happy or just post it back ...."

"More power to his elbow" as they say in Norn Iron.
Top bloke and top solution.
8)

Daveg2812

Postby Daveg2812 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 am

If I have a (very) slight criticism of the Telferizer mount, it's that it can come loose. It could do with a couple of flats milling on to it so you could get a spanner on it to tighten it. Had considered putting a drop of lock tight on the threads, but was concerned that I then might not get it off again.
This ain't Twitter you know!

2003 R1100S with some bits on.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:53 am

Daveg2812 wrote:If I have a (very) slight criticism of the Telferizer mount, it's that it can come loose. It could do with a couple of flats milling on to it so you could get a spanner on it to tighten it. Had considered putting a drop of lock tight on the threads, but was concerned that I then might not get it off again.

oooo given how fine those threads are I'd think some loctite would be a safer bet than overtightening :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Spud

Postby Spud » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Threadlock every time ... just be carefully which one you use or you'll only get it off with a grinder. :oops:

fatnfast

Postby fatnfast » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:26 pm

slparry wrote:
Daveg2812 wrote:If I have a (very) slight criticism of the Telferizer mount, it's that it can come loose. It could do with a couple of flats milling on to it so you could get a spanner on it to tighten it. Had considered putting a drop of lock tight on the threads, but was concerned that I then might not get it off again.

oooo given how fine those threads are I'd think some loctite would be a safer bet than overtightening :)

Just fitted mine today, what a pleasant buying experience and fitting took ten seconds. Mine has flats for a 11mm spanner to gently tighten it (two fingers near the head of the spanner). Road tested for around 100miles today at a variety of speeds, some even legal, stayed tight :D .
Ive put some pics up and a link to Telferizer in the Recommended products/services section.
03 Boxer Cup
02 1150gs
98 r1100rt - work bike
81 Yam RD250LC
81 suzuki GSX250
81 Honda MT5
A rottweiler garage alarm called Buster :-)

Return to “Boxertech”