R11S clutch slave cylinder

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

R11S clutch slave cylinder

Postby slparry » Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:49 pm

Has anyone changed one of these previously I have a feeling mine needs doing as the clutch felt squidgy despite having the fluid changed and bled.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Re: R11S clutch slave cylinder

Postby RiceBurner » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:08 am

I did my Rockster recently, can't be too different.

It wasn't hard to do - the most awkward part is figuring out how to get to the 3 bolts that hold the thing in. I removed the large cross-bar that's part of the frame, but according to someone on (iirc) UKGSer that's not really necessary.
non quod, sed quomodo

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:35 pm

I have done that , Its like checking the prostate through the anal passage kind of job :wink:

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:34 am

boxerscott wrote:I have done that , Its like checking the prostate through the anal passage kind of job :wink:

Chris.

Yep - Boxer Proctology.

non quod, sed quomodo

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:00 am

.... so

Job is now all sorted. I wussed out and sent it to Roy at RGM

https://rgm-uk.com/

He's ex BMW master tech from the days when the 'cup was a current model and has a great reputation.

He came and collected my bike from Croston, which is a fair distance from my place near the Horseshoe Pass.

I had him do a "major service plus" as well as the alternator belt and the clutch slave cylinder.

Turns out the clutch cylinder was starting to fail but the main issue was a hairline crack in the lower clutch hose from corrosion. All parts replaced and now all happy, except the bank account £950 ... ouch but given the collection, parts labour VAT etc I can't moan. Then on the way home I stopped off for a set of Dunlop Roadsmart 4 SP's @ £350 .... so last Thursday was an expensive day.

Just as well I have a little savings account called "Bikes" I have a SO to put £15 a week in to cover repairs.

Shocker of the week was BMW Insured Warranty accepted my 2003 BCR on cover! So it's now got 12 months BMW warranty and recovery as well!

https://www.motorrad-warranty.co.uk/

Hopefully off to the IoM on Tuesday for three days playtime :)

bcr.jpg
bcr.jpg (290.77 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Return to “Boxertech”