Remus Exhaust

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

gripperod

Remus Exhaust

Postby gripperod » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:16 am

Dear All, I have purchased a second hand Remus Race exhaust from one of you chappies and am about to fit it. Its the 2 into 2 with no collector box. Can anyone tell me if I can simply bolt it on to my standard 1100S or do I need to alter the fuelling, Im not bothered about performance but I dont want it running so lean that I burn a valve, I also dont want to spend a fortune on chipping it either.

Cheers

Brian
THE FASTER SILVER AND WHITE VERSION !

tripe

Postby tripe » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 pm

I bought my S a few years ago with the same exhaust. I made similar inquiries with both BMW elsewhere and have been assured it needs no alteration. I've had the bike for about four years now and there have never been any signs that this would cause any harm.

If you trawl through the postings you will see that not everyone loves it but if you speak to Darren at Motorworks he gives it a good thumbs up.
You can always get a bit more power from another exhaust but the Remus 2-2 does sound great
Henry

bill pierce

Postby bill pierce » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:48 am

That be the same system I have on my bike. It does sound great, no problems with lean mixture, as the plugs read perfect.

I did find out that I could not remove the bottom bolt to the rear shock with the pipe in place as the dual (second) pipe is right in the way. Also I was going to relocate the ugly charcoal filter thingy and couldn't because again the pipe is right were it would normally be moved to.

gripperod

Postby gripperod » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks folks, I'm bolting it on this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE FASTER SILVER AND WHITE VERSION !

tripe

Postby tripe » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:49 am

Make sure you use decent bolts etc rather than the BMW self- shearing specials that are fitted as standard. When I changed my rear shock it added nearly three hours to the process.
If I recall it was bolt head sheared off on all of them then a goodly time of penetrating oil and warming with oxy-acetylene to remove the threaded part, then re tapping of thread followed by hunt the very slim gasket on the garage floor before new bolts went in.

Lovely once it was all back together, just take it slow! and fingers crossed.
Henry

Return to “Boxertech”