Halfords 5W/40 Fully Synthetic Oil

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Thu May 15, 2008 9:10 pm

madman wrote:IMHO one should use the best oil that you can buy.

The problem is that that does not mean the most expensive! :evil3:

The other problem is that what is the best for one type of engine is not necessarily the best for another type! [smilie=help sos.gif]

sandbar

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Thu May 15, 2008 10:08 pm

no fully synthetic in the tiller either, causes the clutch to slip, i think a lot of none mechcanical people get swayed in that synthetic`s going to make their engine faster cause their mate with a 1.2 corsa says so.(madman i`aint putting you in that bracket)the amount of people on the suzuki site that come on with "help i`ve changed my oil and the clutch`s slipping". :oops: .but you live and learn,the fist time i took the back wheel off the beamer, i was all for copper slipping the wheel studs and the face of the wheel to the shaft drive,until i read the oppersite not to. :oops:
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

pastyman

Postby pastyman » Fri May 16, 2008 9:56 pm

I was told by my local BMW dealer to put in 10W/40 even though 20W/50 is in the manual! They said don't waste the money.
I love my R1100S!

_IT_

Postby _IT_ » Sat May 17, 2008 9:45 pm

@ ianbcr > You need to get a fully synth motorcycle oil for the tiller the normal fully synth has friction modifiers that make the clutches slip but motorcycle specific ones dont.. if your really keen and since someone has started an oil thread have a look here for some added geekiness.

http://www.amsoil.com/products/streetbi ... Paper.aspx
Iain.
R1100S DDP.

Return to “Boxertech”