So, which y pipe/silencer is the best??

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

carlk

Postby carlk » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:53 am

I'm not sure I would buy the remus again I have the road legal SS pipes and Y piece. It was an absolute Bu66er to fit (didnt even want to go together off the bike :? )and is showing some corrosion on a couple of the welds :shock: :evil:
traffic Dodger

air_cooled67

Postby air_cooled67 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:58 pm

I have a Zach Y piece (bought for £50 seccond hand) and a set of laser end cans, bought new for £450 (I think) I have kept the dB killers in and it sounds great, they also have the EU approveal stamp thingy. Bit of a sod to fit the silencers on to the little spigots under the seat. Cat to header bolts need plenty of plus gas to remove without snapping!

As for performance, I also have a BBPower chip set to stage 3 (I think LoL losing my memory!) And a K+N drop in filter. She really flys! I can pick the front wheel up just by using the throtle should I want to. I am sure I never could in stock trim.

I think its a bit more thirsty round town than it was but on a long run its as frugal as it was.

Jason has heard my bike and I think he will agree that its not offensively loud. Its also just passed its MOT so it cant be too bad!

I beleive the Vandelinde is not all stainless steel. I did look at those first.

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:36 pm

air_cooled67 wrote:I have a Zach Y piece (bought for £50 seccond hand) and a set of laser end cans, bought new for £450 (I think) I have kept the dB killers in and it sounds great, they also have the EU approveal stamp thingy. Bit of a sod to fit the silencers on to the little spigots under the seat. Cat to header bolts need plenty of plus gas to remove without snapping!

As for performance, I also have a BBPower chip set to stage 3 (I think LoL losing my memory!) And a K+N drop in filter. She really flys! I can pick the front wheel up just by using the throtle should I want to. I am sure I never could in stock trim.

I think its a bit more thirsty round town than it was but on a long run its as frugal as it was.

Jason has heard my bike and I think he will agree that its not offensively loud. Its also just passed its MOT so it cant be too bad!

I beleive the Vandelinde is not all stainless steel. I did look at those first.

Alright Simon - have seen (or heard!) you about lately - you been travelling again? As for noise, I'm sure anything sounds quiet after your Harley :lol:

Jason

oyster

Postby oyster » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:49 pm

errrm,
I didn't want to say, but the Lennies, K&N, Y pipe - + nothing else, is enough to lift the front on hard throttle.
Oh, I have lightened the bike as well, I took off that grab handle (to assist moving it on to the main stand). I figured as I am not a size six and my hand would not fit through the hole, I could save several kg by junking that bit. And now it too flies!!!!
Oyster. 1999 R1100S. Almost original.

boxerchic

Postby boxerchic » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:00 pm

Maxton shocks front and rear have made more difference to my S than anything else I've changed. Having said that the originals were b*****d.
Clare.

Love to shop. Live to ride.

jltownshend

Postby jltownshend » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:44 pm

FWIW

I fitted the Laser BoxerCup Racing (road legal wasn't available at the time apparently) kit with chip last September...disconcertingly, it still makes me grin. Lots. :D

Return to “Boxertech”