upgrading front brakes

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

jts

upgrading front brakes

Postby jts » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:56 am

hi
has anybody done a brake upgrade on there s in the way of discs calipers etc . i have seen the pfm system has anyone got the system fitted as looks very good, i think ap does a kit as well, any info welcomed

cheers jts
who needs knee sliders when you have cylinder heads

Rob B

Postby Rob B » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:42 am

I expect Chris'll be along soon. I think he has an AP setup.

Rgds,

Rob

stempy
Captain

Postby stempy » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:15 pm

The larger discs of the current model will fit onto all front wheels so if you have an older model you could get a plate made up to reposition the calipers.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:07 pm

stempy wrote:The larger discs of the current model will fit onto all front wheels so if you have an older model you could get a plate made up to reposition the calipers.

Or fit the lower fork leg/caliper/larger disc from any 2001-on model.

The AP conversion that Chris and I have are mated to Dymag wheels with disc carriers fabricated by JHP so they won't fit direct to BMW wheels.
Tony Smith had cast iron PFM discs with their six pots (again with Dymags) and said the discs were quite poor, lasting < 5k before they warped. As far as I know Tony is now living the life of Riley in NZ so I doubt if he can pass on any help. Motorworks offer the PFM kit so Darren may be the one to ask.
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

winger

Postby winger » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:19 am

AP six pots,Dymag wheels!!!! common as muck!! every buggers got e'm!!
you can also get a Beringer set up as well if you want to be really different(Jack Lilley),it's one of those things if you think the bike is going to be a long termer,then it really is worth the effort and cost,my S might be a tad short on HP but haveing someone trying to out brake my S now that is funny!!!.

Chris

jts

Postby jts » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:58 am

hi winger
have you any details on the belliger set up website address etc , i have just recieved the harrison billet booklet this morning looks very good
ps have you any pics of the system fitted as very intrested
hope you can help jts
who needs knee sliders when you have cylinder heads

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:21 am

jts wrote:hi winger
have you any details on the belliger set up website address etc , i have just recieved the harrison billet booklet this morning looks very good
ps have you any pics of the system fitted as very intrested
hope you can help jts

Chris has Beringer fitted to the front of his Triumph Tiger they do list an application for the S. Phone Jack Lilley Triumph, London.
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear

bright until you hear them speak.

winger

Postby winger » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:10 pm

Hi jts

Do you mean the AP's or the Beringers??,if it's the AP's look for picture of Lloyds their the same as that, if it's Beringers you can have any colour you like so long as it's red!!,their just as good as the AP's same price,the discs are better(full floaters),but have a habit of sticking to the pads if you let the bike stand when it's been wet,to the point were the other day had a real struggle unfreeing the front wheel!!!.

Chris

Return to “Boxertech”