Heated Grips

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Heated Grips

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:33 pm

Folks,

Winter's approaching so time to sort out the heated grips on my second 'S. I have the left hand switch gear fitted with the rocker switch to control the heated grips, but I don't actually have the grips fitted. I could buy the Genuine BMW parts at a wallet busting £140 the pair, but I vaguely remember someone (Bailey?) once commenting that Heine Gericke do replacement grips that are an exact fitment match for the BMW version at considerably less cost. Anyone able to confirm or deny that?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Mick Mac

Postby Mick Mac » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 pm

Paul, don't know about Hein Geriche but I've got a set of Oxford heated grips on mine. There is a on/off switch combined with a thermostatic control. Works well and cost me £30 at J&S a few months ago.

Mick

Malc

Postby Malc » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:12 pm

A quick look on the Motorworks site shows pattern grips for £38 or genuine ones for £55 per side.

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:10 am

Malc wrote:A quick look on the Motorworks site shows pattern grips for £38 or genuine ones for £55 per side.

Paul - I think I have 1 side you can have for a tenner (I'll check later today)

Return to “Boxertech”