What did you do to your bike today?

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:34 am

chit Al - is that the end of the season for you?
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:05 am

Good year for work, shite year for biking........

One 2-wk bike tour, 1 MOT, 1 Service........... :cry:

That's it for the year.

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

eyore

Postby eyore » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 am

And its been the best summer weather for quite a few years as well.
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:07 am

eyore wrote:And its been the best summer weather for quite a few years as well.

Thanks - that's a real comfort........... :(

Al :wink:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

eyore

Postby eyore » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 am

Snigger, snigger.............. :evil4:
2009 Triumph Speed Triple

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

KenG

Postby KenG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:21 pm

just taxed it for a year, don;t get the point of sorn for winter months when it ruins the chance of a nice day, anytime.
or we should invent 6 mts MOT and insurance for the fair weather riders. :shock:

just about got the disc fitted, and a big wet cloth hung over the screen for an hour today to take off the worst of the bugs, needs a proper scrub, but will have to wait.. as i'm suffering at the moment from pain after surgery, as i'v just got my gall bladder out, and it wasn't the keyhole. :cry:
7" hole across my chest :cry:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozz8lp56re2y2 ... .36.03.jpg

2 weeks they said, :roll: before i'm all rock and roll again. well i was heading to theatre about 4.30 last Wed so thats a week up. but i'll settle for a spin on the 15th as there's a charity run on that day.

McBoxer

Postby McBoxer » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:40 pm

KenG wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozz8lp56re2y28c/2013-08-29%2015.36.03.jpg

Ouch! I think it's you that needs declaring SORN!
Big Scottish Al

fatnfast

Postby fatnfast » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Refitted my exhausts after they had been polished by a mate :D
03 Boxer Cup
02 1150gs
98 r1100rt - work bike
81 Yam RD250LC
81 suzuki GSX250
81 Honda MT5
A rottweiler garage alarm called Buster :-)

conkerman

Postby conkerman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 pm

You lot would have a fit if you saw the state of my bike :)

I rode it to work and will ride it back home.
Gary

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:25 pm

errr see my previous post - I rode it.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

991100S

Took My New R11s on a 1000km Road trip

Postby 991100S » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:10 am

Well not exactly today, but last days off work was the first chance for me to take the new ride out on a good ride. Started with a 3 day 2 night gambling Road trip with a great mate.

Spent first night at Streaky Bay and had a blast. Lovely town great people, Country down to earth. Gambling sucked arse though.

Left the next day and rode to Port Lincoln with the aid of several panadol.
Then pushed north to Tumby bay for the Night. Again great people and great Country hospitality. Publican sold us a room and the allowed us to park our bikes in his shed. then proceeded to drink and laugh with us till too late. Great Night, Gambling Sucked Arse again lol.

Home the next day. Sad to say.

Have to say that I cannot believe how much bike I got for my $5500.00. The bike never missed a beat , rode beautifully and was the perfect blend of Touring/Sport. I sold my Harley because rides like this were just too taxing on my tail bone and lost some enjoyment. Went looking for a new Bike, but nothing dragged me to commit. Bought this as I loved the look and Classic feel and the 1 owner and price was right. thought it was a make do until bike. Not so sure anymore I loved it.

Bike averaged approx 17km per litre, and the new soft luggage I bought from moto Centric was easy fit and never moved. Love it and cannot wait for the next road trip.

Got me thinking now I got room for the 11S and a 12S. unfortunately I can only find 5 For Sale in Australia and not many near me. One day.

bricking it

Postby bricking it » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I washed it not very thoroughly, didnt polish it, you lot would be very dismissive but it works hard and does a good job :)
'53 R1100S, '56 KTM Super Duke

McBoxer

Postby McBoxer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:11 pm

Rode it for the 1st time! Well, not today actually - it was a few days back, but despite me buying it back in November I hadn't ridden her until recently due to various contributing factors.
However I finally put her back together after seemingly taking half the bike off to replace the fuel distributor. I only needed to replace the little plastic part on top of the left hand injector, but getting one of these separately proved to be frustratingly difficult - in fact I ended up with two right hand ones in an epic ebay fail...
So, got her back together, gave her a wash and took her for an MOT. Only about 4 miles away, and all in town but she felt nice. Took it very steady as I'm a little rusty and she's not MOT'd or taxed. Unfortunately she failed the test on:
Rear tyre (was expecting that)
Rear brake ineffective (hydraulic issue - hopefully just needs bleeding)
LH handlebar hitting tank (steering stop)
And I think there was one more thing, but I cant remember what the hell it was! Will check in the morning.

So I rode her even more gingerly home, and popped her back in the garage. Cant afford a new tyre right at the moment due to an unexpected bill, but I'll sort the other bits out in the meantime.
Any advice on bleeding the rear brake or sorting out this steering stop issue would be gratefully received. The tech seemed to think I could get away with slackening off the clip on and moving it round, but I'm not sure this is the best option!
Big Scottish Al

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:10 pm

McBoxer wrote:LH handlebar hitting tank (steering stop)
Any advice on bleeding the rear brake or sorting out this steering stop issue would be gratefully received. The tech seemed to think I could get away with slackening off the clip on and moving it round, but I'm not sure this is the best option!

Is the lock stop broken or is it just the clip on misaligned? Bars above or below the top yoke? There's a locating tab if they're comfort bars above the top yoke. Photo in thread below
A photo might help !
http://www.boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 26&start=0

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

McBoxer

Postby McBoxer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:38 pm

nab 301 wrote:Is the lock stop broken or is it just the clip on misaligned? Bars above or below the top yoke? There's a locating tab if they're comfort bars above the top yoke. Photo in thread below
A photo might help !
http://www.boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 26&start=0

I suspect the lock stop is broken on the left hand side* - the clip ons certainly didn't seem misaligned when I rode the thing - and I know I said I was rusty but I'm sure I would've noticed. Well, almost sure.....
The bars are below the top yoke at the moment. Do you think moving them above get over this problem? Just a thought...
No pictures at the moment I'm afraid - she's fast asleep under several blankets in the garage at the end of the garden and it's been pissing down all day!

*I did drop her in the garage on the left hand side during repairs which may account for this. All the fairings were off so I thought I'd managed to get away with it, but maybe not! Just took her off the sidestand to push her forward a foot or so (I was on the right), put her back down on the sidestand - but the sidestand wasn't there and it was too late. We've all done it, right? Haven't we?
Big Scottish Al

Return to “Boxertech”