CREE LED headlight bulbs ... anyone tried them ?

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

kfrogzx7

CREE LED headlight bulbs ... anyone tried them ?

Postby kfrogzx7 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm wanting to improve my R1100s lighting, standard is to my mind lamentably poor, bordering on dangerous.
I took some advice from the forums and fitted a 6000k HID kit for the dipped beam only ( not much use for head as they take a while to "warm" up ) and even after adjusting beam well down I'm dazzling too many people and getting flashed all the time. Obviously just too bright.
Now I'm thinking of these Cree LED's , seem to be the answer to me, low power usage, instant light and long life.
Anybody got thoughts or experience of them ?
Also, what CREE LED wattage / lumen rating would be equivalent or slightly brighter than the standard bulbs ( 55 W ) ?
Simon.
K100rs, R1100s, R1150rs, R1200st, K1300s

dysondiver

Postby dysondiver » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:02 pm

watching with interest ,,, lots of cheap ones on e bay , like two quid ,,,, granted not cree ,,
but knowing from working with big barco projectors how critical the point source of light is ,,,, im some what skeptical ,,,
id like to be wrong though
its not a boxer , its a 180 degree v-twin

Trumpetdude

Postby Trumpetdude » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:17 pm

I've just bought a pair of these...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Bright- ... 2c97174183
I've have custom mounts made and will mounting them on the head protectors. Post to follow! Along with some other touring mods. I went for these to increase road presence, I don't think they'll be massively bright.
Parping my way along... Actually yes, I do blow my own trumpet.

zed6

Postby zed6 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:04 pm

I`m an auto sparky,we`ve had a few people in to get these ebay wonder cree headlight bulbs fitted..... 2 days later they come back for a set of osram nighbreakers... nuff said

Return to “Boxertech”