Exhaust "Y" Pipe

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:27 pm

Darth_1100S wrote:I've just had a reply back from Boxer Design (they must work late!) The Zach Y piece including delivery to UK is 285 Euro. That in sterling is £192.56p. Now that's a bargain!

All I've got to do is Tell the wife we're not going on holiday, cancel our week in Edinburgh, Sell the dog, .......Wonder how much her car's worth..........!!!

Dave.

Bite their hand off :)

Oops..sorry, not the wife etc... :oops: :D

Darth_1100S
Location: It has a pier but it it ain't Blackpool or Brighton

Postby Darth_1100S » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:22 pm

Gromit, I will.... But first I've got to do my rear pivot pins, and God only knows what horrors await with that little episode! When it's back together and not cost me an arm and a leg THEN I'll bite their hand off :wink:

BTW, do you (or anybody else) know what the situation is regarding buying stuff mail order from European countries? Does the VAT still have to go on top of what they quote, or does some kind of import tax have to be paid. If so it could make it less of a bargain! They did quote inclusive of Handling and Shipment.

Dave.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Steve W

Postby Steve W » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:07 am

Dave

You will have to pay German VAT (16%), not sure if that is included in the price they gave you, I would imagine so given that they include delivery, but check. After that nothing to pay.

Steve

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:23 am

Thanks for that Steve. I assume it will be inclusive but as you say I'll check first, if anyone decides to order one before me then let us know.

As an aside what's the score with VAT? Holidaymakers here can buy stuff VAT exempt (I'm sure I've seen that somewhere) so how come if we buy stuff from abroad we have to pay their VAT? There's probably a very simple answer to that but I don't know what it is! Unless they pay their own VAT at customs on their return. If someone can enlighten me I'd love to know

bernsmartco

Postby bernsmartco » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:57 pm

I know its difficult to believe but we are in the EEC and there are lots of initiates to harmonise the Tax and customs rules. So if you buy within the community and pay the local VAT you don’t have to pay it again when you bring it in to or send it to the UK (bit like the booze and fags for you own consumption). Goods from outside the EEC in theory can attract import duty and VAT so be careful what you try to have sent from the US or elsewhere. Hopefully when the community gets enlarges to include most of eastern Europe there will be some great mail order deals to be had since their local prices are so much lower.

The real p*** off factor is that if it costs 100 euros sure as eggs is eggs it will cost 100 pounds sterling here in rip off Britian.

Keep :lol: ride safely
Bern

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:24 am

Excellent stuff Bern - Thank you.

Dave 8)

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:17 am

I think we should petition to be in with the rest of johnny foreigner and abolish the £. Everything would become clear then. :wink:

Write to you MP now , there is an election coming son so we could get all sorts of promises made that they won't go through with :evil:

Lloyd

Return to “Boxertech”