Alarm woes

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Merecat

Alarm woes

Postby Merecat » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:28 am

After 15 years of faultless service, my Spyball patriot has expired and refuses to sound the alarm and disarm the immobiliser with either key fobs.
The batteries are only 12 months old (the last ones lasted 14 years) so the assumption is that the unit has failed.

I can however disarm it by using the code sequence.

It looks like its time for a alarmectomy.
Has anyone had to remove a spyball, is it easy because I really need the arm and leg that the stealers want to relieve me of it.
Mick

2001 R1100s Frost Blue

Its not going the fastest,

Its stopping the quickest

roadburner

Postby roadburner » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:33 pm

i removed a meta alarm that had similar problems. took about an hour to trace all the wires back and re-solder them all up. it's fairly simple once your in the loom, as the wires that have been cut to install the alarm should all match up easily enough, blue/white to blue/white etc.
i also marked all the wires going into the alarm with pieces of tape, should you ever want to re-install it.

Al

Postby Al » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 pm

I have done a datatool alarmectomy, wasn`t too hard, Alarm unit was near battery holder just followed wires from unit to fuse box etc, the alarm wires were just cable tied to loom so were easy to trace. just snipped where the were soldered to loom and recovered loom with tape. I reconnected alarm light to battery with an inline switch so it still looks protected.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Merecat

Postby Merecat » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Quite straight forward in the end, 12 wires all black from the alarm, but easy to pair up in the loom. Just took a couple of hours and a few crimps.
Mick

2001 R1100s Frost Blue

Its not going the fastest,

Its stopping the quickest

Return to “Boxertech”