Shock factory by Mike capon

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

KeithW

Re:

Postby KeithW » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:47 pm

milleplod wrote:I've just looked at the Shock Factory website - the price for a pair now seems to be £700 rather than the £550 paid by Rich back in January. That's a hell of an increase! It can't be Brexit-related, the exchange rate is much the same as it was back in January. :?

Pete

Hi Pete, The list price for my 11s was £700 so I a gave Mike Capon a call and he did me a deal for front and rear for £550.
That was back in February.
Keith

milleplod

Re: Re:

Postby milleplod » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:11 pm

KeithW wrote:
milleplod wrote:I've just looked at the Shock Factory website - the price for a pair now seems to be £700 rather than the £550 paid by Rich back in January. That's a hell of an increase! It can't be Brexit-related, the exchange rate is much the same as it was back in January. :?

Pete

Hi Pete, The list price for my 11s was £700 so I a gave Mike Capon a call and he did me a deal for front and rear for £550.
That was back in February.
Keith

Ah, that sounds more like it, thanks - I was assuming the £550 was a 'listed' price, rather than a deal. Happy head back on now! :D Well, it will be once ST shocks are available! :)

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

RSBowling

Re: Shock factory by Mike capon

Postby RSBowling » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:46 am

Hi,
Hope you get some soon! As for a longer spring, when I was enquiring he does offer a lowering/raising of the bike too!
I have covered a few more miles since I fitted them now, and I'm still really impressed at the ride quality!
Cheers,
Rich

mincer

Postby mincer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Just ordered a set of shocks for my 11s after reading about them on here, will give it a month or so to see how they bed in then I will put some words to give another angle, at £550 they seem well priced and yes Mike was most helpful.
Told him a guy off the forum recommended them and he was really grateful for the plug.

RSBowling

Postby RSBowling » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Nice one mate, you won't be disappointed! I've covered a few miles now, and with a little adjustment, they are just right for me.
Look forward to hearing how you get on!
Rich

mincer

Postby mincer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks.
Had the old girl in bits, waiting for parts coming from all over the globe, will put some pics on when she is done.

RSBowling

Postby RSBowling » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 am

Had mine in bits over the winter! What you doing to yours mate?
Rich

mincer

Postby mincer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:45 pm

I owned when new , sold it in 2003 with 24 thou on the clock , then found it by chance on ebay at motorworks , went up did a deal and rode it home.
When I had it originally it had the VDL pipe and a couple of upgrades by BMW UK , it went like stink , I stripped all the stuff off it when I flogged it.
So after 6 other owners who kept up the S/H its done 34 thou and runs quite sweet..........waiting for a VDL pipe to come ,it's on the plane as we speak complete with chip , Lennie's air scoop with a K&N , stainless through out , the oe gear was rusting , new rear disc , done some paint and a set of Shock Factory shocks , and the usual scrub , clean and service......I didn't really intend to go berserk but started to get enthusiastic lol....its looking well and I'm going to be torn between riding the 11s and my 900ss Duke this summer!

Return to “Boxertech”