Source of "little 10mm fuel hose clips" or "jubilee" replacements....

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bfisher

Re: Source of "little 10mm fuel hose clips" or "jubilee" replacements....

Postby bfisher » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Drop me a PM if interested - i think i have a bunch of these spare from when i did mine of variety of sizes from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/siliconehosesclampsclipsnmore/. And i won't even charge you : )

Out of interest, that is not a cam chain tool tensior next to your toolbox is it? I have just been googling for a one for a Honda. . . it looks remarkably similar; i'm after a "Tensioner lifter stopper 070MG-0010100".

Brad
Last edited by bfisher on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Out of interest, that is not a cam chain tool tensior next to your toolbox is it? I have just been googling for a one for a Honda. . . it looks remarkably similar; i'm after a "Tensioner lifter stopper 070MG-0010100".

B

Jeff Highland

Postby Jeff Highland » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:25 pm

I put the mikalor ones up as an example
I actually got mine from an Australian supplier and they were stainless.
http://www2.munichmotorcycles.com.au/pr ... ts_id=1324
They were 14.5mm Inside diameter which only just fitted on the hose and allowed it to slide over the barbs with some light mineral oil to help it slide. This is on 5/16" (8mm) ID hose, you need to measure the OD on what you have. They are not tolerant of diameter mismatch.

masha

Postby masha » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks Jef - I guess it depends on which hose (as the R1100S has a few with clips on of various diameter eminating from the tank).

First up I need to get some for my Ducati and they measure 10mm internal diameter so I have ordered 10 of these for starters 8.8-10.5mm size, and I'll try them for size on the BMW too - if they are too tight I'll order another 10 the next size up 10.8-13.3mm for example.

The key thing is to get them in stainless - as I don't want any potential sources of rust in the tank in future.
Matt Masha
'04 R1100S BoxerCup (and other bikes by Honda, Ducati and KTM)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:48 pm

TBQH. I`ve used good quality cable ties. cheap as chips. The flares on the spigots do most of the work anyway. fit the hoses dry the more friction the better. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

masha

Postby masha » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Good to know - thanks

I have sourced a variety of sizes in stainless single applications clips - should get them fitted at the weekend.

Mind you I tried getting the fuel filter out of the tank on of my R1100S at the weekend - what a nightmare - I gave up in the end - any tips? - should I take the breather hoses that go in the direction of the filler cap - off to create some slack?

I got the Ducati tank filter assembly back together with a new filter in - that was going okay until - one of the quick release fuel connectors sheared - there is always something - got another of those coming in the post now with a 15mm stainless hose clip - another £15 of parts I wasn't anticipating. This home maintenance is getting expensive! - but its the only way to learn and safe money in the long term. and make sure it gets attended to propertly and not rushed through a main dealer workshop at £50-£100/hr
Matt Masha
'04 R1100S BoxerCup (and other bikes by Honda, Ducati and KTM)

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:30 pm

masha wrote:Good to know - thanks

I have sourced a variety of sizes in stainless single applications clips - should get them fitted at the weekend.

Mind you I tried getting the fuel filter out of the tank on of my R1100S at the weekend - what a nightmare - I gave up in the end - any tips? - should I take the breather hoses that go in the direction of the filler cap - off to create some slack?

I got the Ducati tank filter assembly back together with a new filter in - that was going okay until - one of the quick release fuel connectors sheared - there is always something - got another of those coming in the post now with a 15mm stainless hose clip - another £15 of parts I wasn't anticipating. This home maintenance is getting expensive! - but its the only way to learn and safe money in the long term. and make sure it gets attended to propertly and not rushed through a main dealer workshop at £50-£100/hr

Check out this on Youtube. Not sure if it will help as it's the reverse procedure :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL_mNKhMGRg

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Yep, removal sucks.

As I recall I managed to disconnect while part way out.

Take a look at : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iL_mNKhMGRg and https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wr_Hs_IBcY

Brad

Return to “Boxertech”