'01 1100s clutch slipping.

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GunK190

Re: '01 1100s clutch slipping.

Postby GunK190 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm

When my clutch slave cylinder went my clutch didn't slip. The first thing I noticed was the travel on the clutch lever and biting point of the clutch was different from the norm when I left home. there seemed to a lack of pressure at the lever but by the time I reached the bottom of the road everything seemed okay. I stopped a couple of times turning off the bike each time. When started again everything still felt okay. I stopped for a third time to see my mate before leaving for home, it was while travelling up a dual carriageway coming towards a junction roundabout that the clutch went completely.
I still had drive but no pressure at all at the lever. Thinking that I may have the well-documented clutch failure, after reading forum posts on this it was ruled out as this failure results in a grinding sound and no drive I traced the problem to the slave cylinder again great posts on how to recognise this and how to repair. I brought a new pattern part from Motobins if memory severs me right for around £100 and replaced and renewed the fluid and bled the clutch. The bleeding being the hardest part of the job, BMW never seem to make things easy do they good luck with the repair and hope your back on the road soon.

Gunk

bilbob

Re: '01 1100s clutch slipping.

Postby bilbob » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:52 am

Calls to a couple of mech's so far have given prices of 450 upwards....
:shock: :? Although that does appear to include a full clutch. Just got to figure out how to get it to them know, or more accurately, *ME* back after dropping it off!

Return to “Boxertech”