Tail trim query for r11s fairing (rear)

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bfisher

Tail trim query for r11s fairing (rear)

Postby bfisher » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Guys,

Does anyone know if the trim on the rear tail fairing is removalable (i.e. The thin black deflector that sits underneath the main fairing of rear break light fairing). I've been told it's plastic 'welded' but without pulling mine off the bike, I can't confirm this. Pictures readly show clips to snap on but I'm semi confident it does more than just clip on...

I'm interested as I can purchase a partially complete silver/mandarin yellow fairing but I'm query effort to resolve the above mentioned issue as it appears to be missing from the aforementioned fairings. I also heard that this wasn't present on earlier models but I've never noticed this....

Brad

boxerscott

Re: Tail trim query for r11s fairing (rear)

Postby boxerscott » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 pm

If there are slots in the tail light fairing then it would have had the trim fitted at some point.?

Pretty sure it justs snaps in.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Two Stroke Cat

Postby Two Stroke Cat » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi,
I cannot upload the pictures ( file too large ) but I can answer your questions as follow.

- black rim is screwed with 2x bolts to rear panel
- also heat formed in 3x places to rear panel

You should be able to removed the black rim from the original panel carefully and screw and glue onto new rear panel.
Hope this helps.
Try to show pictures when I've worked out how to upload the files correctly.
Two Stroke Cat [smilie=blowup.gif]

R1100S
DR 800 S
GSXR1100
Ossa Mar 250
Zündapp KS80WC
Kreidler Florett

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks TSC...

Somewhat hesitant on back of it being welded but i get what your saying... need to have a think if i want to go down this path as it means buying another tail fairing for sake of the trim!

Yes, posting images is a bit of a nuisance on this site (there is a sticky i think explaining it but in essence load it up to something like photobucket & then insert the url of image between the image tags (using Img button above (need to ensure url is posted between these tags).

Brad

Two Stroke Cat

Postby Two Stroke Cat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 am

[url][URL=http://s887.photobucket.com/user/Lostboy2009/media/IMG_20170419_153340.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
Aaahhhh - it does work !
This is the center stud, which is heat formed ( not welded ) to panel.
I think, if you try to carefully cut with a Stanley knife where you can see the rectangular shape of the stud you can loosen this from the panel.
2x outer points below
[url][URL=http://s887.photobucket.com/user/Lostboy2009/media/IMG_20170419_153228.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
They both don't withstand a lot of force, so you might be able to carefully lift them off anyway.
Two Stroke Cat [smilie=blowup.gif]

R1100S
DR 800 S
GSXR1100
Ossa Mar 250
Zündapp KS80WC
Kreidler Florett

Return to “Boxertech”