Perseverance pays.

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

milleplod

Perseverance pays.

Postby milleplod » Tue May 09, 2017 4:09 pm

The clutch switch on my ST's been playing up for a while now - usual problem, sometimes the bike would start in gear with the clutch pulled in, sometimes it wouldn't. I'd squirted cleaner in there a while ago, and it sorted it for a while, but the issue soon returned.

So, today I set-to the job. Glasses perched on nose, tools at the ready....let battle commence. As I headed off to the garage, my Mrs shouted 'Just off to break something again?' :shock: Anyway, 1-minute job to undo the little grub screw that holds the switch in and get the switch out....2-minute job to fettle it with some contact cleaner, another couple of minutes to clean out the housing, which was full of black gunge....and then 45 b*****d minutes searching through the stones on the drive for that little bloody drawing-pin thing that I'd forgotten about, which fell out and bounced off my boot!! :evil:

Ah well, all back together, adjusted and working as intended! :D

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Grip Fast

Re: Perseverance pays.

Postby Grip Fast » Wed May 10, 2017 9:27 am

Excellent, and I know the feeling. I have a bag of 40 (now 39 - though I haven't counted them) ball bearings because I failed to find the original one that popped out when I took the footrests off for a clean.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed May 10, 2017 11:48 am

Brilliant lads, just brilliant, reminds me of my fook-ups :lol: all good fun :wink:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed May 10, 2017 1:00 pm

I know what you man my old garage floor is full of cracks so when I had the Gearbox out of my ST to change it I put down Carpet and then an old furniture throw so anything that dropped wouldn't go down the cracks - worked a treat - never dropped a blo*dy thing
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed May 10, 2017 1:08 pm

The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:I know what you man my old garage floor is full of cracks so when I had the Gearbox out of my ST to change it I put down Carpet and then an old furniture throw so anything that dropped wouldn't go down the cracks - worked a treat - never dropped a blo*dy thing

:lol: :bounce: :D
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Return to “Boxertech”